Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wanted: dead security camera

I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of bread.
Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. Got one?
Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 3:35*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of bread..
Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. *Got one?
Wanna sell it? *Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

Just got a supercircuits cataloge today, 34.99 for a 5.6 x 4.5 x 9"
outdoor camera housing box, maybe an empty box will do it, they wont
know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

SteveB wrote:
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of
bread. Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private
cabins. Got one? Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to
contact me.

Here's a dummy camera. $4.50. Harbor Freight

Here's another with flashing red light and steam calliope playing the
Star Spangled Banner while a hundred cheerleaders do a strip-tease and
1,000 Boy Scouts are awarded the Medal of Honor. It's $20.00.

If you're gonna put it in a tree, perhaps add a dummy antenna?

Another from HF @ $20.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of bread.
Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. Got one?
Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

HarborFreight has one on sale this month in the retail stores. I don't know
if the sale price is valid on the website or not.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:08:20 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:49:03 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Jun 23, 3:35 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of
bread.
Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. Got one?
Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

Just got a supercircuits cataloge today, 34.99 for a 5.6 x 4.5 x 9"
outdoor camera housing box, maybe an empty box will do it, they wont
know.

Get a dead video camera (yard sale). Add a blinking LED, wires and
battery. People ACT differently IF they think the are being recorded.

One guy looked at the red light and stopped his derogatory comment.

In this case it was a real video!

There are seven cabins in our area. I am the only one with fake cameras on
it. Five of the seven have been broken into over the last three seasons.
Mine has not. I want to put one up at the entrance gate to deter thieves.

Steve

At the gate place a conspicuous sign.

"Thieves will be shot, survivors are shot again"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of
bread. Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private
cabins. Got one? Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to
contact me. Steve

HarborFreight has one on sale this month in the retail stores. I
don't know if the sale price is valid on the website or not.

Stores will honor a cheaper web-site price. Print the page and take it with
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of
bread. Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins.
Got one? Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

Try MPJA.com. They sell all sorts of amusing second-tier electronic goods
at decent prices, including faux security cameras. You can even get a
little solar panel and battery, to make the red light glow till at least
midnight. I wouldn't even mess with an old-style camera- just get one of
those dark-chrome ball enclosures like most modern outdoor cameras are in,
and mount it on a bracket on tree, with a 'security camera in use' sign
below it. Pass the hat among the neighbors, and get one of those cameras
deer hunters strap to trees, and you can even get digital photos of the
young lovers or thieves invading your freehold.

--
aem sends...

Have considered a motion camera. Trouble is, either they shoot it or steal
it.

In Arlington, Texas, in the 60's IIRC, they had one of the first cameras
that would take a picture of a speeding car. The local bubbas would drive
by at 10 under the speed limit and pepper it with #2 goose pellets. They
replaced it once, and after that, took it down.

Ha! The Orbis? I drove past that thing on 303 every day back around
1975. After the first 6 months it was common knowledge it was an empty
case. Still scared the non-local traffic.