Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wanted: dead security camera

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:08:20 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:49:03 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Jun 23, 3:35 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of
bread.
Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. Got one?
Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Steve

Just got a supercircuits cataloge today, 34.99 for a 5.6 x 4.5 x 9"
outdoor camera housing box, maybe an empty box will do it, they wont
know.

Get a dead video camera (yard sale). Add a blinking LED, wires and
battery. People ACT differently IF they think the are being recorded.

One guy looked at the red light and stopped his derogatory comment.

In this case it was a real video!

There are seven cabins in our area. I am the only one with fake cameras on
it. Five of the seven have been broken into over the last three seasons.
Mine has not. I want to put one up at the entrance gate to deter thieves.

Steve

At the gate place a conspicuous sign.

"Thieves will be shot, survivors are shot again"