Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Want small security camera for internal security

I trust this posting isn't entirely off-topic. If anybody knows of a better
venue, I'd apprecaite the feedback...

I have a remote cabin that has been robbed by persons unknown (but suspected
to be meth-heads well known in the area). Law enforcement is stretched
thin, so proving the identity of the perps will be impossible.

What I would like to find is a battery powered nanny-cam or similar camera
that I can conceal in a smoke detector shell. The trick is that I'd like
the cam to simply capture a few minutes (or even snaps) of the viewing area
and store images to a flash drive. I can't wire the output to a PC or
similar storage device.

In addition, I'd want the camera to be motion activated, or triggered by a
simple means that I could set up if a forced entry is made. The intent is
to simply get a pictorial record of an illegal entry.

Any ideas where I can find products like this? I haven't been able to find
anything that combines motion activated and storing info to a flash drive.

Cheers
Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 10/3/2007 3:05 PM G Wood said the following:
[...]

Find a store that sells security camera devices and equipment. They can
sell you the right stuff. You might check with a private detective
agency in your area to see where he/she buys such items.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 2:49 pm, willshak wrote:
[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

try www.supercircuits.com You have alot of options, one is a clock or
thermometer with a built in motion detecting internal digital
recorder, if you have phone line a web camera that notifies you and
records on your computer where you live, you could see them while they
are there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G Wood wrote:

[...]

Try FRYS.com #: 4995941

FEATURES

Motion activated covert camera with SD memory
Catch suspicious behavior in the act with easy plug & play installation
Automatically record images onto SD Memory card (not included) upon
motion
A new generation time-lapse recorder with motion trigger
Can use a rechargeable (recommended) or standard9V battery or mains
power
Posted to alt.home.repair

G Wood wrote:
I trust this posting isn't entirely off-topic. If anybody knows of a
better venue, I'd apprecaite the feedback...

I have a remote cabin that has been robbed by persons unknown (but
suspected to be meth-heads well known in the area). Law enforcement
is stretched thin, so proving the identity of the perps will be
impossible.

Small correction by a pedantic fuddy-duddy: A building cannot be "robbed."
Only a person can be robbed. Buildings (and cars and caves) are burgled.

Have you considered an alarm system?

Catch 'em in the act. Shoot 'em dead, I always say.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
G Wood wrote:

[...]

Also available at Radio Shack with 64meg card
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...rt&tab=summary

Clark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"G Wood" wrote in
:

[...]

I've seen stand-alone digital cameras made for hunters to use in the
woods;they even have IR flashes to work under low light conditions and not
alert the prey.I've seen local sporting goods newspaper ads for them.
they strap to trees,are battery-powered.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon \(on backup computer\)"
wrote in :

The other option is to get yourself dropped off, and live in an inner
room with black out curtains. When the meth heads break through the
door, you execute them with gunfire. Thus saving the taxpayer a lot of
money on medical bills for thier worthless carcasses.

AMEN!!
and they don't commit any further thefts/crimes. Ever.
saves everybody money.

he could also just park down the road,and bicycle the rest of the way to
the cabin. Bring the bike inside..... ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik