Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uncuttable phone wires?

Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:48*am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 12:16*pm, "Bill J." wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48*am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

Lighten up.

The forum is all about offering alternatives that the OP may not have
thought of. If a poster asks about a way to carry 4 x 8 sheet goods
home when all he owns is a VW, it perfectly acceptable to suggest that
he cut them down to smaller sizes in the parking lot. It didn't really
answer the question asked, but it may just solve the OP problem.

First off, if you are strictly talking about voice services in a
residentail setting, then a cell phone could certainly be a viable
option. If not, then the solution won't work for you, but there is no
need to slam the person who suggested it.

Second, why don't you call the phone company in question and ask them?
What the phone company in New Zealand allows might not be "accetpable"
in Rhode Island. Any answers you get in this forum will need to be
verified with your local TelCo anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:27:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

Use a cellular data card in a router with a UPS.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill J." wrote in message
On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

I also find it rather tedious when asking a specific question to get a
"funny\cridical" answer rather than a genuine reply to my issue. But many in
usenet seem to have little self control over the manner in which they resond
and I don't expect anything to change soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:06*am, "gilb" wrote:
"Bill J." wrote in message

On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou
If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

I also find it rather tedious when asking a specific question to get a
"funny\cridical" answer rather than a genuine reply to my issue. But many in
usenet seem to have little self control over the manner in which they resond
and I don't expect anything to change soon.

You are right. Maybe they did not grow up or have some anger issues.

I usually don't respond to those posts.

Take care,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:02*am, "Bill J." wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

I would install it as high as possible. Make it be out of reach. Run
the wiring inside as high as possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 1:06 pm, "gilb" wrote:
I also find it rather tedious when asking a specific question to get a
"funny\cridical" answer rather than a genuine reply to my issue.

While I agree with this statement, I don't see where that was the case
here. The OP asked how to protect the phone lines. There's most likely
nothing he can do that the phone company will accept that can't be
disabled in 2 seconds with an ax or maybe a sledge hammer. If he has a
cell phone, a burglar would have to take out one or more well hidden
cell towers in the neighborhood to cut him off.

To continue the theme of uncolicited advice...

Bill, if being able to call out is part of your concern and not just
your alarm system (I think the big companies have a cell modem backup
option these days) the answer of course is to do both, use a locking
box and conduit as someone else suggested AND a cell phone. Also, make
sure you have at least one phone on your land line that will operate
without wall current. You might have to order a magazine subscription
to get one anymore...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 1:23*pm, WhiteTea77581 wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:06*am, "gilb" wrote:

"Bill J." wrote in message

On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
[...]

me too,

btw, I think the OP needs to stop being paranoid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:06*am, "gilb" wrote:

"Bill J." wrote in message

On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
[...]

btw, *I think the OP needs to stop being paranoid.- Hide quoted text -

btw, I think the OP needs to stop being paranoid

Now I get to defend the OP.

How do you know that these phone lines aren't for the alarm system at
a business or storage facility in a neighborhood where the crime rate
is higher than one would like?

There could very well be a valid reason why a more robust
infrastructure is required, but where enough noise would raise
suspicions and therefore investigation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

Overhead service or underground?

If underground, the following is easier:

Use a 6-conductor cable. Splice the 4 telephone wires to 4 of the conductors
in this new cable.

Connect the remaining pair to a fault alarm such that when they are cut, all
hell breaks loose: sirens go off, dog kennels open, giant floodlights shine,
moaning, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 2:30*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:02:33 -0700 (PDT), "Bill J."

wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

Get some 6 inch "thick wall" well casing. *Run that along the path of
the phone lines, and put the wires inside. *On the end of that casing,
weld a sturdy steel safe. *Inside the safe, place the service box, and
lock it according to directions.

Wouldn't that be a little heavy for the portion of the phone line
running from the pole to the building?

Might need a some steel cable as a support.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:06*am, "gilb" wrote:

"Bill J." wrote in message

On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
[...]

You're right,
there could be good reasons why.
I was just being an ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:06*am, "gilb" wrote:

"Bill J." wrote in message

On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
[...]

I was just being an ass.- Hide quoted text -

Me too! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 2:47*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

Overhead service or underground?

If underground, the following is easier:

Use a 6-conductor cable. Splice the 4 telephone wires to 4 of the conductors
in this new cable.

Connect the remaining pair to a fault alarm such that when they are cut, all
hell breaks loose: sirens go off, dog kennels open, giant floodlights shine,
moaning, etc.

I had a friend that did pretty much that. He was in the vending
machine business and often had large sums of cash at his business over
the weekend. A pair on the phone lines was wired into the alarm
system. This scared off would be burglars a couple of times. There was
no real worries about them getting any money as it was all in a big
walkin safe but in the past they did a lot of damage breaking in the
place.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill J. wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

Actually the answer was quite helpful. Cell alarm connections are quite
common for locations where someone is concerned about a cable cut.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

btw, I think the OP needs to stop being paranoid

Now I get to defend the OP.

How do you know that these phone lines aren't for the alarm system at
a business or storage facility in a neighborhood where the crime rate
is higher than one would like?

There could very well be a valid reason why a more robust
infrastructure is required, but where enough noise would raise
suspicions and therefore investigation.

Yup, a friend of mine had a business burglarized where the crooks cut the
phone lines and took other measures to silence the alarm and then watched
from a few blocks away to see if the cops would show up. When no cops came
the thieves returned and looted the place. After that he installed a
cell-phone backup for the alarm so even if the land line was cut the system
would still call for help.

Most low-grade burglars will be stopped just by the alarm sign. The ones
who decide to go in despite the alarm know at least something about keeping
it from working--it doesn't take a master cat burglar to cut the phone line
and watch from a distance to see what happens. If you don't have either a
cell backup or an alarm system that constantly pings the monitoring station
(and triggers a response if it goes silent) then you have a potential
problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

With a big metal knife-switch handle. Label the box "Emergency Phone
Cutoff Switch" and run 480 volts through the handle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would install it as high as possible. Make it be out of reach. Run
the wiring inside as high as possible.

I did just that had the NID moved to 15 feet off ground, burglars were
breaking in after cutting phone wires. Ran my entry cable inside the
wall from high up too.

My elderly grandma ....... I was afraid someone woulds break in and
her die of fright

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?
The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

Actually the answer was quite helpful. Cell alarm connections are quite
common for locations where someone is concerned about a cable cut.

Thank You.
I was not thinking about the need to protect an alarm system, but I know
there is NO way to cut the "wires" from a cell phone.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 10:02*am, "Bill J." wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

I have a dummy box with wires going to it down low but the wires come
inside up high with box inside. Actualy I just kept the low box and
had the wires tapped and run inside. If you are expecting something
then there are cell systems which are best, but last time I looked
years ago they were very expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:16:20 -0700 (PDT), Bill J. wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48?am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

It was the correct answer wether or not you like it.

I suggest you **** off if you can't accept alternatives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:00:23 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

In the James Caan movie (1981) "Thief", they sprayed the bell alarms
with expanding foam, let is set and went to work on the bank..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:27:33 -0400, George
wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?
The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

Actually the answer was quite helpful. Cell alarm connections are quite
common for locations where someone is concerned about a cable cut.

An new construction site burned to the ground a couple of years ago.
People were in the middle of closing on their new condo (Phase 1).
Fire trucks every where.

It looked like fraud at first, but was determined to be arson. A
wireless unit captured the video. It was on a server somewhere before
you could shake a stick. *

* Construction Site Security System and Monitoring System

http://www.skywaysecurity.com/mobile/images/trailer.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
On Jun 12, 2:47 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
[...]

Yep. Met a guy who owned a plumbing fixture wholesale warehouse. He was
really ****ed. Seems as if some do-bads spent a couple of hours demolishing
a cinder-block wall (next to a steel door) so they could get in and steal
what? A commode? He said nothing was missing. "Sons-a-bitches are obviously
not averse to hard work!" he said. "Why the **** didn't they just get a
freakin' job!?"

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:14:57 -0400, LouB wrote:

George wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:48 am, LouB wrote:
Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?
The device you need is called a Cell Phone:-))

Lou

If you're going to make up a different question to the one I asked and
answer the made-up question instead of mine, then why bother posting
in this thread at all? Also, your answer was not helpful in any way, I
am still looking for an answer which is.

Actually the answer was quite helpful. Cell alarm connections are quite
common for locations where someone is concerned about a cable cut.

Thank You.
I was not thinking about the need to protect an alarm system, but I know
there is NO way to cut the "wires" from a cell phone.

Someone must have cut mine. I only have a 1/4 inch diameter stub
sticking out.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

When some cars still had exterior hood releases, I installed an under
the hood handle that looked like it opened the hood but really just
tripped the car alarm. It looked great. I once found the alarm
runnng, and I think someone fell for it and tripped my device.
Nothing else was open or damaged and if a car had bumped me
accidentally, I don't think the mercury switches would have tripped.

The hood wasn't opened but then again, this wasn't even connected to
the hood.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:15:20 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Jun 12, 10:02*am, "Bill J." wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

I have a dummy box with wires going to it down low but the wires come
inside up high with box inside. Actualy I just kept the low box and
had the wires tapped and run inside. If you are expecting something
then there are cell systems which are best, but last time I looked
years ago they were very expensive.

My alarm guy friend installs quite a few burglar alarms that use cell
phones. There is a problem for him, but I forget what it is. It may
be that with real phones he can call up the customers burglar alarm
from his own office and disable zones and set all the settings but it
might be harder or impossible with cell-phone-simulator (I don't think
it looks like the thing you carry in your pocket).

Prices are going down on this sort of thing all the time, call and
see.

Or use some sort of decoy, especially one that when cut, sets off the
burglar alarm.

I ddon't remember if I did this, because I live in a medium priced
house in an all residential n'hood and my siren is two stories high
but I sort of got caught up in the whole thing and did more than I
need. Burglars also cut the wire to sirens, so I have an outdoor
siren with four wires in the sheath, two for the siren and two that
make a loop that when cut sets off the alarm. Then there is an indoor
siren in the attic that still runs and the noise goes out the soffit
vents etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

In the James Caan movie (1981) "Thief", they sprayed the bell alarms
with expanding foam, let is set and went to work on the bank..

They did the same in the robbery I mentioned, as well as cutting the phone
lines in multiple locations just to make sure they got the right line.

Another cute trick I saw in a commercial burglary involved opening a locked
door by using a chisel to cut out a chunk of door frame so the still-locked
door could swing open with the bolt still sticking out of the lock. Those
aluminum-clad wood door frames common in commercial properties look way
tougher than they are. These days cordless power tools mean they don't have
to use chisels anymore. One place I worked was hit by burglars who pried an
air vent off an outside wall to get into an electrical/phone utility room,
from there they cut through a wall with a cordless saw and got to where they
wanted to be.

The thing about criminals is they don't think like law-abiding people. A
law-abiding person sees a locked door and concludes they can't go through
that door, while a burglar looks at the same door and sees the eleven ways
he knows to go through that door without a key. IMO most of the locks etc.
the average person relies on are junk because they can easily be defeated by
a thief with just a little knowledge and maybe a screwdriver. Years ago I
saw a video called B&E A to Z in which the security consultants in the video
blew through a wide range of common home and business locks etc. just about
as fast as if they had keys, it was amazing to watch. Some of the methods
were ridiculously simple, like knocking out the hinge pins to open a door,
or popping open a popular household lock with just a screwdriver, easy
stuff. So you put in a nice strong door and frame with a good lock, great,
now how about that A/C vent up on the roof, how secure is that? Oops.

Having worked for companies that were burglarized over the years I've
learned all you can do is raise the bar until the value of what you have
inside is insufficient to attract the grade of burglar who can defeat
whatever security measures you have. You can keep out most of the pack
provided you're willing to spend a little money, but if you have a
collection of extremely valuable gold coins or something, probably best to
keep that info to yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:08:38 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

I had a friend that did pretty much that. He was in the vending
machine business and often had large sums of cash at his business over
the weekend. A pair on the phone lines was wired into the alarm
system. This scared off would be burglars a couple of times. There was
no real worries about them getting any money as it was all in a big
walkin safe but in the past they did a lot of damage breaking in the
place.

When I worked in a supermarket years ago, we were instructed to open
all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day -- they were
empty (the tills with cash were locked in the safe), but another store
in the chain had a breakin with thousands of dollars of damage to the
registers before the would-be theives found out they were empty.

Josh
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I had a friend that did pretty much that. He was in the vending
machine business and often had large sums of cash at his business over
the weekend. A pair on the phone lines was wired into the alarm
system. This scared off would be burglars a couple of times. There was
no real worries about them getting any money as it was all in a big
walkin safe but in the past they did a lot of damage breaking in the
place.

When I worked in a supermarket years ago, we were instructed to open
all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day -- they were
empty (the tills with cash were locked in the safe), but another store
in the chain had a breakin with thousands of dollars of damage to the
registers before the would-be theives found out they were empty.

Josh

"opened all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day"

We did the same thing, for the same reason, in a small corner pharmacy
when I was a teenager.

It may have saved the cash register, but it didn't help the owner.
Sometime after I left to join the service, my mom sent me an article
about how they found the owner face down on the floor, his hands tied
behind his back, a single bullet hole in the back of his head.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the small brown bags of cash
(which I wasn't supposed to know was cash) that I occasionally
delivered to cigar smoking guys in the car wash across the street.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I had a friend that did pretty much that. He was in the vending
machine business and often had large sums of cash at his business over
the weekend. A pair on the phone lines was wired into the alarm
system. This scared off would be burglars a couple of times. There was
no real worries about them getting any money as it was all in a big
walkin safe but in the past they did a lot of damage breaking in the
place.

When I worked in a supermarket years ago, we were instructed to open
all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day -- they were
empty (the tills with cash were locked in the safe), but another store
in the chain had a breakin with thousands of dollars of damage to the
registers before the would-be theives found out they were empty.

Josh

My dad ran a bar for 44 years, he always left the cash register open
and a $20 in it. Hoping that if they did break in they would just take
the money and leave without breaking anything. Sure enough one night
two guys broke in took the twenty but instead of leaving they decided
to have a party in the bar. The next morning he found them passed out
on the pool table. They were still asleep when the police woke them
up.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:14:57 -0400, LouB wrote:

[snip]

Thank You.
I was not thinking about the need to protect an alarm system, but I know
there is NO way to cut the "wires" from a cell phone.

Lou

Hope the burglars forget the portable Faraday Cage...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

TDD

And an alarm that sounds when the decoy box is opened.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:49:07 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled JIMMIE , to say:

wrote:

[...]

Oh, please. How do two guys get that wasted with only twenty
bucks?

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:48:09 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

[snip]

Yep. Met a guy who owned a plumbing fixture wholesale warehouse. He was
really ****ed. Seems as if some do-bads spent a couple of hours demolishing
a cinder-block wall (next to a steel door) so they could get in and steal
what? A commode? He said nothing was missing. "Sons-a-bitches are obviously
not averse to hard work!" he said. "Why the **** didn't they just get a
freakin' job!?"

Hard work is more acceptable when it's done for the purpose of
avoiding work?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not quite Darwin candidates, but close.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

My dad ran a bar for 44 years, he always left the cash
register open
and a $20 in it. Hoping that if they did break in they would
just take
the money and leave without breaking anything. Sure enough
one night
two guys broke in took the twenty but instead of leaving
they decided
to have a party in the bar. The next morning he found them
passed out
on the pool table. They were still asleep when the police
woke them
up.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Daniels wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:49:07 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled JIMMIE , to say:

snip

My dad ran a bar for 44 years, he always left the cash register open
and a $20 in it. Hoping that if they did break in they would just take
the money and leave without breaking anything. Sure enough one night
two guys broke in took the twenty but instead of leaving they decided
to have a party in the bar. The next morning he found them passed out
on the pool table. They were still asleep when the police woke them
up.

Oh, please. How do two guys get that wasted with only twenty
bucks?

They didn't leave a tip?

--
PB
"I suspect you're an arrogant little ****ant who grew up in the

Old phone, cut wires [email protected] Home Repair 8 June 14th 09 07:08 AM
Adding new Circuits to Room Addition... 2 wires or 2 wires + Ground? [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 20th 08 10:58 PM
not spam, no more phone or cable wires! sosessyithurts Home Repair 31 September 5th 06 03:29 PM
phone wiring - 3 wires vs. 4 Lenny Fackler Home Ownership 2 October 27th 04 09:37 PM
phone ext color of wires Dave Plowman UK diy 4 July 5th 03 06:19 PM