Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

On Jun 13, 12:43*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jun 13, 9:21 am, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

.. .

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
om...

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

And there are now solar lamps that do emit
enough light to illuminate relatively large areas and/or throw light
distance sufficient for a flag atop a pole.

Well, illuminating a flag atop a pole is pretty far down my priority
list. I might get to it one day, after I alphabetize my soup cans. But
when I was browsing HD recently I checked out the lumen specs on solar
lights and they were just a shade less bright than a single briquette
of
glowing charcoal. I don't remember seeing any that were more than 10
or
12 lumens, which would be enough to read 24 point type by if you had
about 50 of them focused on one spot. Tell me more about these new
ones
that you've found. Source? Manufacturer? Lumen spec?

He didn't say how tall the flagpole was, or its corresponding sized
flag
either. That could be a factor regardless the lumens stated. All ones
for that purpose I've seen are using standard electrical power from a
meter loop of some sort. They also have a focusing shroud around such a
light. Said light is pointed at the top of the flagpole to cover all
directions the flag could furl. Guess if you're wearing a low-light
detection device, you could see such a flag illuminated by a
solar-powered light.
--
Dave

Yoose need to think outside your pointy little heads. Solar lighting has
come a long way since the last time yoose opened your moth eaten miser
purses. Harnessing solar power is the future, get used to it.

http://www.solarlighting.com/

http://www.solarlightstore.com/

Guess its a matter of perspective. 20 watts of light ain't much. Guess you
may be able to detect a flag atop a flagpole without low-light visual aids
if you've been in the darkness for sometime. Depends how high the flagpole
is too.

http://www.solarlightstore.com/solar...lights/integra...
--
Dave

http://www.solarlightstore.com/solar...lights/8ledsol...

Took a quick look at the biggest spotlight at the above store that one
might think would be best suited to get a decent amount of light for a
flag on top of a pole. * Look a the specs: *8 LEDS, 5 volts, plastic,
2lbs. * *If you're trying to make a case for solar, that sure ain't
the way to do it. * Stating the light output, how long it will
maintain the light, etc would be a good start.

======

What a skank... you picked out the least expensive lamps at the web site....
a set of 5 @ $70.. what do you expect for like $12 each, cast stainless
steel with a 20 year guarantee... duh *I think for the price they're a great
buy, better than low voltage sets, and if not abused by stepping on them or
running a lawnmower over them will probably give many years of service.

And you cannot judge illumination by wattage...

I never suggested judging illumination by wattage. I only pointed
out that they have NO SPEC of any kind for the light output for the
solar light I looked at. Should I waste my time looking at every
light there? If you have a great example of a solar light with
specs that can be used to light a flag at the top of a pole, I'm sure
we'd all like to see a direct link to it.

/.when I went to school I was
taught that watts is a measure of energy consumed, not output... high
wattage appliances typically consume most power to generate heat... there
are actually idiots out there (many idiots) who buy kitchen mixing machines
by wattage... I guess they wanna use them as hair driers. * The same lumens
can be focused or diffused. *I have various Mag-Lites that throw very
intense light over great distance, powered by a couple AA cells... would
definitely illuminate a flag atop a 20 ft pole, with a more efficient
battery (such as is typical with solar lights) it would illuminate a flag
all night *With solar lights (any lights), depending on use the lower
wattage may very well be the better choice... I have recessed fluorescent
fixtures in my kitchen that give tremendous illumination yet consume very
little wattage. *Anyone who discounts solar lighting is truely a pinhead...
some 70 years ago the same kind of pinheads poopooed fluorescent lights. *Do
yoose realize that the first automobiles used oil lamps as head lights, now
they use high intensity lamps that are many times more efficient than those
from just a few short years ago... believe it or not there are still many
people (most of the world) who light their homes (when they do) exclusively
with oil lamps and candles... they don't need any stinkin' new fangled
'lectricity. *Folks better start getting used to solar energy, it's the
future. *The gas station has already been here more than twice as long as it
will exist into the future... your great grandchildren will only know a gas
station in a museum. *It really doesn't matter that there will shortly be no
more US made automobiles, it was bound to happen, better sooner than later,
it's the best thing could have happened... need is the mother of invention.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Jun 13, 3:54*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

Yoose need to think outside your pointy little heads. *Solar lighting has
come a long way since the last time yoose opened your moth eaten miser
purses. *Harnessing solar power is the future, get used to it.

http://www.solarlighting.com/

http://www.solarlightstore.com/

Well, your first link is to commercial solar. We were talking about
homeowner landscape lighting.

As to the second link, please select from that website, one
self-contained solar-powered landscape light that lists lumen specs, so
I don't have to go wading through the whole site to see what your point
is.

Does your mommy still hafta wipe your tushy... if it's so important to you
there's an 800 number or send email. *Lumens aren't very important with
outdoor lighting... typical indoor lighting reflects off the walls,ceiling,
floors, and furnishings back into the room... outdoor lighting travels to
infinity... type of source/light and how it's concentrated is what's
important... that's why there are floodlights, spot lights, etc.

In other words, you have no specs. You're the one that was calling
people names and claiming that we were behind the times. Yet you're
promoting companies and products that can't even list the light output
of their products on the internet. I only do business with companies
that provide specs and data sheets and have them available on the
internet, as any decent vendor does. No need to waste time with
companies that don't have them available, because it's usually for a
reason.

If you want to convince someone as to how viable solar lights are to
light up a flag pole, a data sheet with specs would go a long way.
Also, apologizing and retracting your racist remarks would be a good
idea too.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote in message

On Jun 13, 9:21 am, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

.. .

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
om...

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news .
In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

[...]

Again the US will be at the forefront. *The arabs are again proving that
they are the inferior people, they have more sun than oil, yet what are
they
doing about it.

And now you engage in racism. That should go a long way to convince
people of your credibility and the merit of your arguments.

Be happy that your name isn't Christian.

From: Sheldon (a.k.a. brooklyn1 )
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: I would like some feedback..
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

Christian wrote:
I own a business "Professional Pond Maintenance and Fish Care".

That's your first untruth... you *operate* a business.... you don't
own a business until your IRS return doesn't show you're operating at
a loss.

I'm not here to promote my business.

That's your second untruth.

I'm wanting to get any and all feedback, positive or negative,
on a website I designed recently to go with it. I advertise locally
and direct folks to my site for more information.

Here is the link:http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html

What do you think of the basic design?
Can you read it easily?
Ads or no ads?

I'm thinking people here are close to my target audience, being that
garden lovers usually like ponds even if they don't personally have
one.

Thank You,
Christian

Your parents must have had high hopes for you to succeed in the
arts... you're not going to do well in business unless you change your
name.
-----

As you see, Shelly has always been narcissistic, pompous, wrong, and
denigrating of others. Good luck in your conversations with him.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Zunx_goz4

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/2...ra_hass_on_the

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

Does your mommy still hafta wipe your tushy...

Nah. My mommy's dead. Now your daughter licks my ass clean. Still
waiting on the solar light lumen spec, though ... anytime you're ready
to back up your claims with actual facts.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
http://www.solar-flag-pole-lights.com/

Yep, and here's some details that some people may be interested in regarding
that:
http://www.liberty-light.com/

See bottom of the page. I don't like their method of moving the light way
up the flagpole. To start out with, its ugly in appearance. Part of the
illumination is blocked by the flagpole itself. The usual method consists
of surface/ground mounted units to illuminate all areas the flag could
possibly furl. Double that distance and mount on the ground, you have 1/4
the illumination for the Liberty Light on the flag. You'll need more than
one Liberty Light for a stand-alone flag pole. The building side mounted
flagpole, one is enough.
They throw in the Lux factor for an idea of its illumination. Look he
http://www.answers.com/topic/lux

I'm all for green. We need to use what's available including the sun. What
we get when we use a solar-powered product needs more research by the
consumer before a purchase. We also need uniformity of illumination
specifications, along with stating that as a comparison of what we know.
Like illumination compared to a certain wattage standard incandescent light
bulb when citing illumination of an LED.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
On Jun 13, 3:54 pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

[...]

The specs are there, you have to click a link on the page for more details.
They may not be in lumens. One of the website uses comparsions to the
standard incandescent light bulb in terms of watts, and another website uses
the term "lux" which can be converted to lumens. While "lumens" is more
specific in illumination, the layman needs a comparison to the standard
incandescent light bulb in terms of watts to get an idea of illumination of
a specific LED.
--
Dave