Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Don't do something right and 44 years later, it will bite you.

Don't do something right and 44 years later, it will bite you.

A 66" water main that broke in December and sent a river of water down
River Road in Bethesda Maryland, washing cars down the road in two to
three feet of rushing water, ruptured because it was installed against
jagged rock 44 years ago, instead of on a layer of gravel, as it
should have been, according to a consultant's analysis released on May
20.

A four-foot tear was found in the part of the pipe that had been laid
against the rock.

The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission has 5500 miles of water
pipes and serves 1.8 million people in Montgomery and Prince George's
Counties.

Paraphrased from the Washington Post, May 21, page B1.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I found two articles, both said the cause of the break is
unknown. What is your source of information?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"mm" wrote in message

[...]

His source? The line written right above this one.

Here's the full story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I found two articles, both said the cause of the break is
unknown. What is your source of information?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"mm" wrote in message

.. .
[...]

Here's the full story.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...09/05/20/AR200...

R- Hide quoted text -

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 11:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

I think you're misconstruing that. It's not 1965 different written
records. The inspector's notes are on vinyl albums made in the year
1965 - this was before MP3 players.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 12:22*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 4, 11:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

I think you're misconstruing that. *It's not 1965 different written
records. *The inspector's notes are on vinyl albums made in the year
1965 - this was before MP3 players.

SNAP We installed POP the SNAP pipe per the CHESH specifications CLICK
specifications CLICK specifications POP listed on SNAP CHESH page 14.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 2:25*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 4, 12:22*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 4, 11:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

I think you're misconstruing that. *It's not 1965 different written
records. *The inspector's notes are on vinyl albums made in the year
1965 - this was before MP3 players.

SNAP We installed POP the SNAP pipe per the CHESH specifications CLICK
specifications CLICK specifications POP listed on SNAP CHESH page 14.

Dick Nixon...? Is that you?!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:22:14 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jun 4, 11:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

LOL

I think you're misconstruing that. It's not 1965 different written
records. The inspector's notes are on vinyl albums made in the year
1965 - this was before MP3 players.

ROTFLOL

BTW, my own small n'hood of 109 houses has had 3 or more water main
breaks because the contractor disn't use "flexible" or "bendable" or
whatever kind of metal pipe bends a bit, I guess when ground settled
or a heavy truck drove on the street above. The first two were 1000
dollars each iirc, or was it 10,000? Who remembers? and one was
quite a bit cheaper.

Shark Bite underground JIMMIE Home Repair 2 May 24th 09 10:58 PM
Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 115 September 22nd 07 02:04 AM
Mice that wouldn't take the bite R Kannan Home Ownership 9 June 4th 07 07:44 AM
Third Bite of Beech George Woodturning 3 January 28th 06 08:41 PM
Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 4 December 4th 05 05:41 AM