Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Don't do something right and 44 years later, it will bite you.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:22:14 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jun 4, 11:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

From the article:

"The utility is pulling 1965 records for that pipe segment to
determine what, if anything, the utility's inspector noted about the
installation"

That's a lot of records for one pipe segment.

LOL

I think you're misconstruing that. It's not 1965 different written
records. The inspector's notes are on vinyl albums made in the year
1965 - this was before MP3 players.

ROTFLOL

BTW, my own small n'hood of 109 houses has had 3 or more water main
breaks because the contractor disn't use "flexible" or "bendable" or
whatever kind of metal pipe bends a bit, I guess when ground settled
or a heavy truck drove on the street above. The first two were 1000
dollars each iirc, or was it 10,000? Who remembers? and one was
quite a bit cheaper.