Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Going Green Cut Energy Use in Half Critically important -need widespreadmedia blitz to inform, instruct & motivate the public

For those with money, going Green is critically important.
Additionally we need a widespread media blitz to inform, instruct &
motivate the public to cut home energy usage in half or more.
- udarrell
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/hvac/

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

Google: empowerment Communications (Copy paste, First 2 hits)

Follow me on Twitter TweetDeck:
http://twitter.com/udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/ (Updated)
Obama is truly "Pro Life & Right To Life for the Living & Unborn"

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision."
- Helen Keller

Posted to alt.home.repair

UDARRELL wrote:
For those with money, going Green is critically important.
Additionally we need a widespread media blitz to inform, instruct &
motivate the public to cut home energy usage in half or more.
- udarrell
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/hvac/

I'll play.

Why should the public be motivated to cut energy use in half?

The statistic is often quoted: "The U.S. has 5% of the world's population
but consumes 25% of the world's energy."

That's true, but has as much meaning as the ratio of pistachio production to
cases of athletes foot.

Another statistic is: "The U.S. consumes 25% of the world's energy and
produces 27% of the world's Gross Domestic Product." Here there IS a
relation between the two numbers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 6:55*am, UDARRELL wrote:
For those with money, going Green is critically important.
Additionally we need a widespread media blitz to inform, instruct &
motivate the public to cut home energy usage in half or more.
- udarrell
*http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/hvac/

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

Google: empowerment Communications (Copy paste, First 2 hits)

Follow me on Twitter TweetDeck:http://twitter.com/udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/(Updated)
Obama is truly "Pro Life & Right To Life for the Living & Unborn"

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision."
*- Helen Keller

Many dont use cfls yet, my hvac man still pushes 82% heating systems.
Building insulation insulation codes are outdated. As long as
inefficent stuff is still sold, and since its cheaper, many will use
it to save money for the new Hot Tub or Big Screen TV. England banned
Non Condensing heating years ago, when they were still major energy
exporters. Its not education, the Gov has to set standards or
inneficent crap will always be in use. How many know your average Ng
water heater is only around 55-60 EF. Education, look at the millions
wasted informing us analog TV will be shut off, and the morons in
charge extended the " Education Period" so all would know, what a
joke.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 9:18*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
UDARRELL wrote:
For those with money, going Green is critically important.
Additionally we need a widespread media blitz to inform, instruct &
motivate the public to cut home energy usage in half or more.
- udarrell
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/hvac/

I'll play.

Why should the public be motivated to cut energy use in half?

Well I can propose one reason...MONEY! Then I get my summer cooling
bill I would most definately be motivated to cut energy use in half.
If I lived in the northern climates I would probably have the same
thing to say about the winter heating bills.

The statistic is often quoted: "The U.S. has 5% of the world's population
but consumes 25% of the world's energy."

Wonder what percentage of that 25% would be simply wasted?

That's true, but has as much meaning as the ratio of pistachio production to
cases of athletes foot.

Another statistic is: "The U.S. consumes 25% of the world's energy and
produces 27% of the world's Gross Domestic Product." Here there IS a
relation between the two numbers.

I agree, those statistics and relationships are meaningless but the
ENVIRONUTS love to quote them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 10:47*am, ransley wrote:
[...]

joke.- Hide quoted text -

When the economy of conservation is there, people will conserve. The
relationship is simple and effective. When gas was cheap, everyone
bought big SUV gas hogs without thinking about it. Gas prices go up
and the price of driving that gas hog becomes economically stupid,
people get smart and go small fuel efficient. That will apply to any
other energy usage as well.