Gunner

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree

8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Desert Traveler

"Gunner" wrote in message
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Or at least increase the tax on them so that we can form support groups and
government assistance agencies!

Steve

bookburn

"Gunner" wrote in message
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA

Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that

will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the

peddle!

If we all went to a bicycle economy and lived in villages, with
maybe a train or two for travel to the city, then we would all
live healthy, satisfying lives. Perhaps there would be less
pressure on governments to have wars.

But then populations would increase, unless you imagine satisfied
people have fewer children, and the pressures would result in
war, anyway.

That push on the peddle by an old man was only an accident,
wasn't it? What will happen when we all have atomic umbrellas?

bookburn

Ljwebb11

Ah, finally! A DIFFERENT argument that will perhaps convince a couple more
non-believers.

Not.

Regards,

Robin

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

I face greater danger on the daily commute to the shop than from the gun-toting
gangbangers around the shop.
If only I could mount some twin .50's on the front of the truck to handle the
idiots in their SUV's and beamers that are too busy yakking on the phone and
doing paperwork to pay attention to their driving.

Les
Steve Day

Is this a case of a californian motorist meeting a 90 degree corner and
finding it to complicated to down shift, slowdown, signal and turn the big
round thingy that he holds onto? )

Steve Day

Or at least increase the tax on them so that we can form support groups

and
government assistance agencies!

Steve

I would have thought that by now in CA they restricted their cars to 10

MPH and fitted big sift people catchers all round,not so much as a public
safety issue in CA its just so the rest of the US can see the callies
coming and get out of the way)

Steve Day

The State of California is taking urgent steps to prevent such a tragedy
from happening again.

The Californians naturally blame the car manufacturer for causing the
accident, its never a Californians fault for doing something stupid.

So what they are going to do is to insist car manufacturers print in large
raised letters on each pedal the words " Gas" " Clutch" " Brake" and they
are to be spaced at least 18 inches apart, they when pressed will not
function for at least twenty seconds to ensure the Californian is certain
that he is happy with his choice. He will then have to press the selected
pedal again.

The State of California has also agreed with the ACLU that in fairness to
the US right to choose that each and every pedal will be interchangable so
that californian drivers can pick which pedal they prefer in which slot.
Naturally there will be an override button in the passenger seat for the
californian drivers councillor.

Dave

Steve Day wrote:

So what they are going to do is to insist car manufacturers print in large
raised letters on each pedal the words " Gas" " Clutch" " Brake"

P. Correctness would also require braille.

~D

Dan Petre

Gunner wrote in message . ..

Ok, you can also kill damn squirels with you gun, I give you that one.
Humanely, otherwise a pellet gun would cause cruel and painful
unnecesary suffering. Nasty beasts they are.

I need Cliff to take over. Where's he?

Dan
Paul Thomas Ivy

"Steve Day" wrote in message ...
[...]

You forgot some of the more important restrictions.

1. Compact cars (i.e., easily concealable) will be banned.

2. You will have at least a 5-day waiting period between the time you
buy it and when you can pick it up.

3. You will have to pass a federal background check prior to purchase
to ensure you are not prohibited from driving.

4. You will not be allowed to purchase more than one car in a month.

5. You will need a local Sheriff to sign the purchase permit.

6. If you are convicted of a felony, or are under a domestic
restraining order, your purchase, possession, and/or use of a car will
be a separate felony requiring a minimum 5-year prison sentence.

Garlicdude

Dave wrote:

Steve Day wrote:

So what they are going to do is to insist car manufacturers print in large
raised letters on each pedal the words " Gas" " Clutch" " Brake"

P. Correctness would also require braille.

~D

In California it would need to be printed in probably about
6-8 languages
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
Steve Day

"Dave" wrote in message

Steve Day wrote:

So what they are going to do is to insist car manufacturers print in

large
raised letters on each pedal the words " Gas" " Clutch" " Brake"

P. Correctness would also require braille.

~D
Not so Californians believe they are perfect, so how could one of them be

blind )

Kirk Gordon

Hell, Gunner, I say the same thing every time I have to drive into
center city Philadelphia. Then, or course, I think of you, and I
remember that cars don't kill people. People kill cars. Or something
like that. Then I get confused and start looking for the nearest
Starbucks. Fortunately, there are lots of those in center city.
Unfortunately, you can't get near one because the parking is so
terrible, and the traffic is such a mess, and... uhhh...

What was the question?

Gunner wrote:
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Desert Traveler

"Tony Pratt" wrote in message
om...
Lewis Hartswick wrote in message

A-Men Gunner. :-)

...lew...

The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

Best wishes

Tony

You forgot foreplay.

Steve

Desert Traveler

"Robert A. Thurman" wrote in message
s.com...
...and Spanish too.

Las Vegas, Nevada

County commissioners voted yesterday that children who want to use a certain
public pool must fill out the proper forms IF they want a card good for
three years free swimming. These forms would include information such as
name, address, and parent's income. It is required for all other sections
of town, and is only to verify that the child comes from a family whose
income is low enough to entitle this child to this benefit.

A large brouhaha has ensued because this is in a Hispanic neighborhood, and
the parents either do not want to, or can't fill out the paperwork. They
are afraid of providing ANY information regarding their personal
information.

Wag the dog.

Steve

David J. Hughes

Tony Pratt wrote:
Lewis Hartswick wrote in message ...

A-Men Gunner. :-)

...lew...

The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

Best wishes

Tony

Swords, spears, sling stones, arrows, bows, crossbows, guillotine, gas
chamber, gibbet, Iron Maiden, rack, thumbscrews, electric chair, Greek
fire, napalm, fougas,...... shall I continue?

In addition, there are line throwing guns and avalanche initiators,
both intended to save lives.

David Hughes

Tim Williams

"Jason Sheppard" wrote in message
om...
That car killed 8 and injured 45 without having to reload (fill up).
I can't do that with any gun I own, even my Glock 17 with the 33 round
mag.

If you got a bunch of real lucky shots, grazing a few people in a row,
then outright shoot a few, you could get the same numbers...
Controlled conditions of course.

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Lennie the Lurker

Gunner wrote in message . ..
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market

People hurt, people dead, and gunner can only try to make a joke out
of it as well as another of his ****headed political statements from
the heart of whackyland. Too bad some of his family wasn't included.
Big-T

Gunner wrote:

SNIP

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Well actually, we don't want an outright ban on ALL cars. We only want
to ban those nasty assault cars. You know... the ones with more than
three cylinders and wheel diameters over ten inches. And it goes
without saying, no high capacity gearboxes... the ones with more than
two speeds. (One for forward and one for reverse) G
Big-T

Jason Sheppard

"Tim Williams" wrote in message ...
"Jason Sheppard" wrote in message
om...
That car killed 8 and injured 45 without having to reload (fill up).
I can't do that with any gun I own, even my Glock 17 with the 33 round
mag.

If you got a bunch of real lucky shots, grazing a few people in a row,
then outright shoot a few, you could get the same numbers...
Controlled conditions of course.

Tim

Yeah, but I was talking about _me_ Why do you think i have a 33 round
mag in the first place...i'm a lousy shot

Jason
Fred

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:34:20 -0700, Robert Sturgeon
scribed:

Wazza Perazzi?

I have been out of the Skeet/Trap game for a while...

Is it like a Purdy? Is it like a Peretti?

I have only the Remington 1100 Auto , in 12 and 20 and Stevens 410
(very old SBS - 1903), Old Winchester pump 12, and a Belgian Browning
12 Gauge...

Need more info... need to shoot more clays...

Freddie

On 17 Jul 2003 12:02:06 -0700, (Tony Pratt)
wrote:

Lewis Hartswick wrote in message ...
A-Men Gunner. :-)

...lew...

The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

You could take THAT lame assertion up with the folks who buy $8,000
Perazzi shotguns - good for target shooting, a huge waste of money for
anything else. But then, you really don't know much of anything about
firearms anyway, as shown by your post, so I don't expect you to even
understand what I just wrote.

leon skunkers

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:58:47 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

yeah. And send your contributions to MAGOO (mothers against geezers
operating oldsmobiles). Hang up posters of the dead people all over
Florida's Fossil Riviera and get celebrities to whine about the whole
thing on TV.

Hangin' is too good for these old farts that take to the road
knowingly impaired by the ravages of age.

dddd

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree (what a moron)

Only a moron with need to shoot his mouth off (apt screen name) would try to
make a parody out of a very tragic event.

Since he still hasn't sent his $20 to the Red Crescent, maybe he'll send $20
to the victim"s families as payment for his making a lame joke at their
expense.

--
Regards,
Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com

"Gunner" wrote in message
8 dead , 45 critically injured, including many children in LA Farmers
Market Driving Spree!

Ban Cars! Register them and license their owners!

No one has a need for a deadly automobile, let alone one that will
travel in excess of 60 miles per hour with one push of the peddle!

Ban these horrible instruments of death. Every year in the US, over
40,000 people are killed by them, and hundreds of thousands more are
maimed and crippled for life!

For Gods Sake,ban them for the Children!

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Lewis Hartswick

Tony Pratt wrote:

Lewis Hartswick wrote in message ...
A-Men Gunner. :-)

...lew...

The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

Best wishes

Tony

WRONG! I can show you any number of guns that were specivically
designed
and built for the one and only purpose of punching holes in paper. I've
had
a few over the years.

...lew...
Uncle Lucky

If only I could mount some twin .50's on the front of the truck to handle the
idiots in their SUV's and beamers that are too busy yakking on the phone and
doing paperwork to pay attention to their driving.

Les

Those in the know call em Bimmers, Les.
Unless of course, you're talking bikes.
Health & Peace,
Uncle Lucky
Ted Edwards

The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

Rubish! What do you do with a sword?

Ted

erniegalts

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:35:08 +1000, "Myal"
wrote:

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
. com...
"Mysterion" wrote in message

thlink.net...
Or is your head so far up your ass that you can't understand simple

logic?

It's obvious that there are a lot of people that gummer dragged in
from his wacky groups that don't think others deserve any
consideration and that maybe there might be something wrong with their
simple minded lack of consideration.

There isn't a goddam one of you that knows if the families of some of
the victims are reading the group, but it doesn't bother you to treat
it like a joke.

Gunner is the ****ing joke, a subhuman in every respect. Quit your
goddam crossposting from drivel and wacko groups. This is
rec.crafts.metalworking, not alt.sicko.

On the flipside,
This is a serious thing to consider.

Yep. Which is why civilized societies demand that drivers take an
annual driving test to prove competency after a certain age.

The old guy did damage in human terms similar to that done by a suicide
bomber , but used nothing like explosives or bullets , he used a car .

True, and he exceeded the damage achieved by many suicide bombers.

It could be something to watch out for , like people driving airplanes in to
big buildings .
Who suspected airplanes could be used to kill so many people ?

There are many issues involved here, but there are some major ones.
Firstly, when designing any structure or system there is almost always
a conflict between cost and safety, so what does an engineer, or a
company employing him, try to design for?

A simple example is storm water drains in a city. Sure, it may be
possible to provide enough drainage to allow for any conceivable
amount of rainfall at any time in the next century or so.

However, it won't be cheap to provide such a system, and the large
drainage pipes required may never be needed.

So there is going to be a "tradeoff" between a system that is cheap
and allows for periodic flooding when its capacity is exceeded or an
expensive system which will prevent flooding.

Safety doesn't "sell". If it did, everyone would have smoke alarms,
wear seat belts without the necessity for laws, and so on.

When city politicians are planning a storm water system, they try to
keep costs down to keep the taxpayers happy, whether doing it
themselves or asking for some company to bid on the project.

Suppose that, historically, such flooding rains happen 3 or 4 times a
century. Do most politicians care? ....And will a company bidding on
such a project win a bid if they come up with a good system rather
than a cheap system?

As I understand it, when the WTC was designed, it was designed for the
very unlikely event of an actual accident involving a passenger
airliner at the time, probably one lost in bad weather conditions,
with no air traffic control, at the end of a long flight with minimum
fuel load.

The WTC wasn't designed for much larger aircraft, with a large fuel
load, deliberately flown into the buildings. It probably isn't
possible to design such a structure for such an event, actually.

Certainly not economical to do so. Perhaps we should give up the idea
of skyscrapers and go back to pyramids? :-)

not one
bullet fired . It could be cars next .
Look out for martyrs behind the wheel when you down the street next time.

Good advice, and a sensible point. However, it doesn't take a lot of
imagination to envision much worse possibilities involving vehicles.

Which is why society needs more controls over who is behind the wheel.

In Australia, we have a graded series of licenses, starting with a
passenger car for private use, then a cab, then vehicles carrying more
passengers or having a higher gross weight, rigid trucks, articulated
trucks ["semis"] and, finally, "road trains".

I wonder if all states in the US have similar systems. Or can anyone
with an ordinary drivers license buy, rent, or drive anything of any
passenger capacity or weight?

Myal

"_Magna est veritas et praevalebit"_
(Truth is mighty and will prevail).

erniegalts
[Australia]
[misc.survivalism]
erniegalts

"Mysterion" wrote in message

thlink.net...
Or is your head so far up your ass that you can't understand simple

logic?

It's obvious that there are a lot of people that gummer dragged in
from his wacky groups that don't think others deserve any
consideration and that maybe there might be something wrong with their
simple minded lack of consideration.

There isn't a goddam one of you that knows if the families of some of
the victims are reading the group, but it doesn't bother you to treat
it like a joke.

It doesn't matter who's reading this.
Your bias against firearms is the point.

If you want to give up your freedoms, that's up to you.
You have no right to give up mine.

Gunner is the ****ing joke, a subhuman in every respect.

In general I agree.

I wouldn't go this far. Other than his present tendency to tell
defamatory lies about others he has shown himself to be a fairly
decent human being. Or at least he was prior to Y2K. Perhaps he
isn't in full control of himself these days?

The only one worse than Goofer is the kind of brainless ****head who starts
whining about guns being designed to kill.

Even speaking as a long-time gun owner and user, I cannot deny this
point. Carpenters hammers are designed to drive nails and pull nails,
can openers are designed to open cans, beer glasses are designed as
containers for beer.

All can be used as weapons, but this isn't their primary purpose.

Guns are basically designed to kill animals or people at a distance.
As are bows and arrows, boomerangs, etc.

Unlike knives or axes they aren't really a "multiple use" tool, and
there is no point in pretending that they are.

Sure, a gun can be used for "target shooting", but the purpose of this
is generally to improve ones accuracy when hunting animals or killing
people.

There are lots of shooting clubs and target ranges for guns. If we
are just talking "tools" or "skills", why aren't there an equivalent
number of archery or knife throwing clubs and/or ranges?

Quit your
goddam crossposting from drivel and wacko groups. This is
rec.crafts.metalworking, not alt.sicko.

So survivalism is "drivel" and wacko"?
I'm sure the Federal Government and the Red Cross would be interested to
discover that their recommendations are "drivel" and "wacko".

Does either organization recommend "misc.survivalism" as a usenet
group?

Perhaps they could or even should have prior to Y2K. However it now
seems to have mainly become an extremist political group.

At one time, members actually offered support to one another rather
than trying to lie and defame one another.

....But, of course, an "_ubermenschen_" such as "gunner" would never
be so weak and human, would he?

Like some others on misc.survivalism, perhaps "gunner" was born a few
decades too late for the "glories" of the Third Reich. Perhaps he
dreams about a career in the "SS" or at least the "Gestapo"?

"_Magna est veritas et praevalebit"_
(Truth is mighty and will prevail).

erniegalts
[Australia]
[misc.survivalism]
Tim Williams

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
The designed purpose of any gun ever made is to kill or maim in the
most efficient manner, clearly no other object comes into this
category!!

Rubish! What do you do with a sword?

Strike either another sword, or body armor?

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"