Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Going Green Cut Energy Use in Half Critically important -needwidespread media blitz to inform, instruct & motivate the public

On May 21, 9:18*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
UDARRELL wrote:
For those with money, going Green is critically important.
Additionally we need a widespread media blitz to inform, instruct &
motivate the public to cut home energy usage in half or more.
- udarrell
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/hvac/

I'll play.

Why should the public be motivated to cut energy use in half?

Well I can propose one reason...MONEY! Then I get my summer cooling
bill I would most definately be motivated to cut energy use in half.
If I lived in the northern climates I would probably have the same
thing to say about the winter heating bills.

The statistic is often quoted: "The U.S. has 5% of the world's population
but consumes 25% of the world's energy."

Wonder what percentage of that 25% would be simply wasted?

That's true, but has as much meaning as the ratio of pistachio production to
cases of athletes foot.

Another statistic is: "The U.S. consumes 25% of the world's energy and
produces 27% of the world's Gross Domestic Product." Here there IS a
relation between the two numbers.

I agree, those statistics and relationships are meaningless but the
ENVIRONUTS love to quote them.