Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thank you, amateur gutter hanger, wherever you are

Spent some time cleaning out my raingutters today. I have to shout out a
very special "thank you" to the halfwit who installed them before I bought
the house. For sloping them incorrectly so they hold water. For using
spikes and ferrules. For mounting them way below the drip edge. For
creating downspout holes by perforating with a 1/4" drill until it could be
punched out with a hammer, leaving a scad of sharp little metal hooks
sticking into the hole. For attaching the spout adapters using gobs of
caulk and too-long screws.

The only thing I don't hate about it is that it isn't rusting. Yet.
--
Due to Usenet spam, emailed replies must pass an intelligence test: if
you want me to read your reply, be sure to include this line of text in

Quilt hanger Jim Hall[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 14 December 7th 07 02:50 AM
I need a hanger. Jay Pique Woodworking 15 October 8th 05 01:26 PM
Joist hanger query Lobster UK diy 13 February 16th 05 11:45 PM
Where to buy sliding door hanger bracket ? D P Home Repair 5 October 1st 04 12:51 PM
Recessed lighting hanger bars Andrew Home Repair 5 February 4th 04 04:09 AM