Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Thank you, amateur gutter hanger, wherever you are

wrote in message
Spent some time cleaning out my raingutters today. I have to shout out a
very special "thank you" to the halfwit who installed them before I bought
the house. For sloping them incorrectly so they hold water. For using
spikes and ferrules. For mounting them way below the drip edge. For
creating downspout holes by perforating with a 1/4" drill until it could
be
punched out with a hammer, leaving a scad of sharp little metal hooks
sticking into the hole. For attaching the spout adapters using gobs of
caulk and too-long screws.

The only thing I don't hate about it is that it isn't rusting. Yet.

Do you live so far from civilization that you were unable to do better
research and find someone better? Or what?