Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Irrigation well iron filters?

I'm looking at putting in a lawn irrigation well. Unfortunately, the
two choices appear to be a relatively shallow well at about 50 ft,
which runs at least a 50% chance of containing too much iron, or a
500ft well which has only a 5% chance of having an iron problem. In
case you're not familiar with the iron issue, it creates brown side
walks or staining any place it gets on the house, etc. Looks like the
shallow well would be about $4K, while the deep one would be $12-15K.

With the shallow well, one option is a system that either filters out
the iron or treats it so that it will not create this problem. I'd
be interested in any actual experience others have to share on this,
ie what system they have, how much it cost to install, how much it
costs to operate, service, how well it works, etc. Also, keep in mind
this is an irrigation well, which will need to be capable of 28,000
gallons a week, so I'm not talking about a typical home water system.

TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 10:44*am, wrote:
[...]

Just curious, how much would 112000 gal a month cost you with you
munical supply now, I might pay 200-250$ a month for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 12:56*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:44*am, wrote:

[...]

munical supply now, I might pay 200-250$ a month for that.- Hide quoted text -

Around $700. It's an increasing scale. Anything over 25K gallons is
at the max rate of $7 per 1000 gal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 10:44*am, wrote:

[...]

at the max rate of $7 per 1000 gal.- Hide quoted text -

Here its a sliding scale, the more you use the cheaper it gets, but we
have Lake Michigan we cant drain. Last year set a record for
rainfall, this winter near record snow, and now we are on our way to
another record wet season. And Farmers cant plant yet.