Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What Manufacturer are these?

I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Dobony wrote:
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them?
They only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

Google finds 23,000 hits for "encore+florescent+lighting". The most
promising is:

http://www.encorelighting.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

http://www.encorelighting.com/

Though they may not still make that style.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take the cover off the end. What you have probably looks like this:
http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...s--682379.aspx

A common end for commercial fixtures

If not exactly like that with the cover off, take the burnt one to your
local Lowes or Home Depot.

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I may be all wet on this one, but they look like fairly
ordinary eight footers. Haul one down to the HD (like the
other fellow said) and I bet they fix you up good. Get you
going.

Then, expect to pay a hefty disposal fee for the old ones to
haul off.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message ...
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing.
The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify
them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

*No need to replace the fixture when all you need are sockets. You need
very high output lamp sockets (VHO).
http://www.1000bulbs.com/HO---VHOHig...utput-Sockets/

You may be able to find them at a sign company as that type of lamp is
usually used in signs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:54:04 -0500, Big Bob wrote:

Take the cover off the end. What you have probably looks like this:
http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...s--682379.aspx

A common end for commercial fixtures

NOT common. These mounts are flush mounted to the flange. Look at the
photos.

If not exactly like that with the cover off, take the burnt one to your
local Lowes or Home Depot.

They require disassembly, a 2 man job, just to get at the mounts. The ring
has studs behind them which are bolted to the face.

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:58:14 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I may be all wet on this one, but they look like fairly
ordinary eight footers. Haul one down to the HD (like the
other fellow said) and I bet they fix you up good. Get you
going.

Then, expect to pay a hefty disposal fee for the old ones to
haul off.

You are all wet. These are NOT common 8 footers. They install in pairs at
a fixed right angle, with 2 together to make a square. The local
electrical supply houses have never seen anything like them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:11:32 -0400, John Grabowski wrote:

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local
electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They
only have one label, "Encore."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2381653...7617227698756/

Mike D.

*No need to replace the fixture when all you need are sockets. You need
very high output lamp sockets (VHO).
http://www.1000bulbs.com/HO---VHOHig...utput-Sockets/

You may be able to find them at a sign company as that type of lamp is
usually used in signs.

The 3rd one down looks like it, but they seem to just pop in place, but the
existing ones seem to be bolted in place. As soon as I find the tall
ladder again I can check this out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why ask for help if YOU know all about it? And if you need a tall ladder
common sense would tell the ordinary smart person to take it out for
comparison while you are up there the FIRST time.

BTW: I've been doing commercial maintenance for 15 years. And this IS a
common end despite the layout of the bulbs

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:58:14 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I may be all wet on this one, but they look like fairly
ordinary eight footers. Haul one down to the HD (like the
other fellow said) and I bet they fix you up good. Get you
going.

Then, expect to pay a hefty disposal fee for the old ones to
haul off.

You are all wet. These are NOT common 8 footers. They install in pairs
at
a fixed right angle, with 2 together to make a square. The local
electrical supply houses have never seen anything like them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:38:24 -0500, Big Bob wrote:

Why ask for help if YOU know all about it? And if you need a tall ladder
common sense would tell the ordinary smart person to take it out for
comparison while you are up there the FIRST time.

When I looked up there the first time it looked like the sockets were
bolted in place and to get to them required another person to help
disassemble the fixtures.

BTW: I've been doing commercial maintenance for 15 years. And this IS a
common end despite the layout of the bulbs

If it is a common end, why doesn't the large electrical supply house even
know what they are? Nobody in this large city knows what they are and
nobody carries anything like them locally.