Default need help finding manufacturer

I am trying to find out who manufactured the Penncraft 3807
Breakerbar. If you know or can point me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it.

woodworker88

I think that Penncraft is the actual company, but I googled it and
there is very little info indeed. I did find one site selling a used
one of these breakerbars, but no other information. I did some
sleuthing and the company may be called Nationwide-Penncraft, Inc. but
when I searched on this name I found nothing. Hope this helps, although
I have a feeling it won't.

woodworker88

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to
rec.crafts.metalworking

David

woodworker88 wrote:

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to
rec.crafts.metalworking

Please don't suggest crossposting. The OP can POST in the other group,
rather than CROSS post.

Dave
Leon

"woodworker88" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think that Penncraft is the actual company, but I googled it and
there is very little info indeed. I did find one site selling a used
one of these breakerbars, but no other information. I did some
sleuthing and the company may be called Nationwide-Penncraft, Inc. but
when I searched on this name I found nothing. Hope this helps, although
I have a feeling it won't.

Penncraft was the name of mechanics hand tools sold by JC penney in the
early 70's. I still have a set of Penncraft tools that I bought when I was
kid. Pretty good tools. I think it would be funny to try to get one
replaced under it's life time warranty at a JC Penny store.

Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to find out who manufactured the Penncraft 3807
Breakerbar. If you know or can point me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it.

JC Penny sold the tool in the early 70's

Todd Fatheree

"David" wrote in message
woodworker88 wrote:

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to
rec.crafts.metalworking

Please don't suggest crossposting. The OP can POST in the other group,
rather than CROSS post.

Dave

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups, it's
acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both groups
is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

todd

Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:22:03 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
woodworker88 wrote:

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to
rec.crafts.metalworking

Please don't suggest crossposting. The OP can POST in the other group,
rather than CROSS post.

Dave

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups, it's
acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both groups
is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

todd

Yep, cross-posting has gotten a bad rap because of the abuse of
cross-posting. Done properly it not only helps the reader, but also
prevents having duplicate copies of the same message stored on news
servers.

Todd Fatheree

wrote:

"David" wrote in message
woodworker88 wrote:

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to
rec.crafts.metalworking

Please don't suggest crossposting. The OP can POST in the other group,
rather than CROSS post.

Dave

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups,

it's
acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both

groups
is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

todd

Yep, cross-posting has gotten a bad rap because of the abuse of
cross-posting. Done properly it not only helps the reader, but also
prevents having duplicate copies of the same message stored on news
servers.

The funny thing is that what Dave is suggesting, multiposting, was what was
especially frowned upon.

todd

Bruce Barnett

Mark & Juanita writes:

Yep, cross-posting has gotten a bad rap because of the abuse of
cross-posting. Done properly it not only helps the reader, but also
prevents having duplicate copies of the same message stored on news
servers.

And we humans don't have to read the same message three times.

Leon

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups,
it's
acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both
groups
is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

The problem with cross posting is that it almost always involves totally off
subject groups that respond and eventually you end up with a group and its
horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco
that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions to
keep polyurethane glue away from her dog. That cross post to the pets
groups resulted in profanity in this group that lasted for months.

Leon

"Leon" wrote in message news:uV_Oe.1281 The
problem with cross posting is that it almost always involves totally off
subject groups that respond and eventually you end up with a group and its
horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco
that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions to
keep polyurethane glue away from her dog. That cross post to the pets
groups resulted in profanity in this group that lasted for months.

Basically the results to a news group if not carefully cross posted an kept
OT can be as bothersome as the results of not using a virus detection
program while on the internet.

Duane Bozarth

Leon wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to find out who manufactured the Penncraft 3807
Breakerbar. If you know or can point me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it.

JC Penny sold the tool in the early 70's

That would be JC Penney

/FOGIE_STORY_WARNING
SWMBO worked for Penney's while finished school. W/ her employee
discount and typical poor married student budget, everything possible
came from Penney's. As someone else noted, many of those tools I bought
then are still functional including, amazingly enough, a 3/8" drill and
7" circular saw purchased in '62 or '63. Mr Penney was still alive and
quite a neat old man albeit w/ some interesting quirks--no credit and
paid all employees were paid in cash w/ $2 bills and change until he
died.

\END_FOGIE_STORY
Upscale

"Leon" wrote in message
horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco
that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions to
keep polyurethane glue away from her dog.

In defence of the woman who lost her dog to that unfortunate accident, I
don't believe (not positive) that she cross-posted her message to any group
except for rec.woodworking. It was some other person trolling around who
started that fiasco.

Leon

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco
that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions
keep polyurethane glue away from her dog.

In defence of the woman who lost her dog to that unfortunate accident, I
don't believe (not positive) that she cross-posted her message to any
group
except for rec.woodworking. It was some other person trolling around who
started that fiasco.

IIRC it was in deed cross posted by her.

Leon

"Leon" wrote in message

IIRC it was in deed cross posted by her.

She was a regular poster here and cross posted to the pets group. Since
then her posting here has diminished greatly.

Upscale

"Leon" wrote in message

IIRC it was in deed cross posted by her.

My mistake then. I'll assume she crossposted to the pet newsgroup in an
attempt to get assistance with her dog that was still alive at the time.
Under the same circumstances, I'd likely have done the same thing, anything
to save my dog. It's unfortunate that she caught the attention of the puppy
whizzer. I'm quite sure he is largely responsible for her lack of presence
here now. There isn't anybody in this world that I hate, but given the
chance, I'd be perfectly happy to lay a severe beating on that puppy whizzer
asshole.

Todd Fatheree

. ..

"David" wrote in message

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups,
it's
acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both
groups
is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

The problem with cross posting is that it almost always involves totally

off
subject groups that respond and eventually you end up with a group and its
horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco
that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions to
keep polyurethane glue away from her dog. That cross post to the pets
groups resulted in profanity in this group that lasted for months.

Well, there's crossposting, and then there's stupidity. I choose not to
limit people based on the lowest common denominator.

todd

Bruce Barnett

"Leon" writes:

IIRC it was in deed cross posted by her.

Here was the first thread, and she did cross-post.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ab67eed9dffe0e