Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to use Toolless Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack

I am doing Cat6 wiring and I cannot figure out how to use Toolless
Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack that I bought online. I could not find any
instructions anywhere how to attach Cat6 cable to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 20, 11:35*am, ls02 wrote:
I am doing Cat6 wiring and I cannot figure out how to use Toolless
Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack that I bought online. I could not find any
instructions anywhere how to attach Cat6 cable to it.

Same as a regular punch down jack except the little plastic cover will
have ribs that press the wires into the IDC (insulation displacement
connector). You pre-line-up the wires in the IDC (or cover), position
the cover, then squeeze the cover down with big pliers until it
bottoms all the wires into the IDC. BUT on some toolless units you
pre-line-up the wires in the snap cover (not the IDC) then squeeze,
determine what kind you have. I prefer the tool punchdown because it
trims the wire and sets the IDC all at once, but the toolless does all
8 wires simultaneously which saves time, but does not clip the excess
copper as well. In both cases you should do an end-to-end continuity/
short/polarity test with a cat5 test set before plugging the work into
your switch or router. HD has a test set for around 20 bucks I think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 20, 11:35*am, ls02 wrote:
I am doing Cat6 wiring and I cannot figure out how to use Toolless
Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack that I bought online. I could not find any
instructions anywhere how to attach Cat6 cable to it.

Also monoprice has about the best price on toolless units I've found:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...05&cp_id=10513

(scroll down the page for toolless ones)

Here you go for an actual installation manual:

http://www.monoprice.com/manual/How%...20keystone.pdf

Sony KV-36XBR800 like keystone pix, bad purity also. Dani Electronics Repair 1 November 29th 08 08:46 PM
Toolless cord. Robatoy Woodworking 30 November 18th 06 01:09 PM
RJ45 Flush mounted wall Jack Wiring Help [email protected] Home Ownership 5 September 6th 06 12:32 AM
Supply Keystone Jack Faceplate,modular faceplate,RJ45 Faceplate,Single Gang Faceplate,double gang faceplate,avaya faceplate,amp faceplate,icc faceplate,cat5e faceplate,network faceplate,angled faceplate [email protected] Woodturning 1 April 23rd 06 10:09 PM
Is CAT6 worth it for home networking? Pandora UK diy 36 July 22nd 05 11:30 PM