Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What wrong with camping indoors?

My landlord said he was going to evict me if I camp in my living room.
I set up my tent, but I had to nail it to the carpet on the floor
because I could not drive in tent steaks. He said that was against
the lease, but said that if I replace the carpet then I am not
evicted. But he got really ****ed off when I brought in all the
firewood to make a campfire on the carpet floor. I told him I was
going to replace the carpet so whats the big deal if I make a campfire
and get a little ashes on the carpet. He seems to thing the fire will
burn through the wooden floor and fall in the space under our trailer
house. I told him that fire only burns up, not down, so how can it
burn through the floor. This proves he's an idiot. We cant afford
the gas to drive to a camping place so we want to camp at home. We
are paying to rent this trailer so we should be able to do what we
want. As soon as he leaves, we will start our campfire and drink our
beer.

Floyd Masters
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Apr 13, 7:25*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
lid wrote:
[...]

Do y'all plan on skinning deer or coons by the campfire?
Maybe y'all ought to invite your landlord over for some
good old home cooked vittles.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Reminds me of the time I rented an apartment in Toronto where the
ceiling leaked at times. It was later discovered that an east indian
family renting above me were growing rice in a mocked up pool / pond
liner in their livingroom. It's a wonder the entire floor did not
collapse - true story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 2:10*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:29*am, lid wrote:

[...]

Porterhouse or Ribeye?

I had to nail it to the carpet

Carpet doesn't hold nails very well.

He seems to thing the fire...

How do you thing a fire?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah. Looks as though the OP should take a spell.
Away from writing!
A literary masterpiece it is not.
And 'spell check' wouldn't help in this case.
"Steak" and "thing" are both correct words; in the right context.