Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remote Control Lawnmower

"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot
robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-unveiled.html

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/8/2009 8:45 AM HeyBub spake thus:

"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot
robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-unveiled.html

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

You mean, a way to get rid of those pesky critters?

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

m...
"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-unveiled.html

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Great, another way for them to avoid any physical exertion whatsoever.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...ogy/technology...

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Great, another way for them to avoid any physical exertion whatsoever.

home depot sells totally automated mowers, just set boundries they cut
daily.

requires no attention at all
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:50:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

home depot sells totally automated mowers, just set boundries they cut
daily.

requires no attention at all

Do they sell Stepford Wives? I guess not, as the shelves would be
empty all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In about 1969 or so, give or take a couple years. A family a
couple blocks away from me got a doodad called "Mowbot". I
can remember roughly what it looks like, but don't have a
lot of information. There was some kind of ground loop, and
the mower went in random patterns. Rechargable.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have
unveiled the Casmobot
robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii
remote. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-unveiled.html

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 8, 10:45*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot
robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...ogy/technology...

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Yikes, somehow I see a lawsuit waiting to happen here...

..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
In about 1969 or so, give or take a couple years. A family a
couple blocks away from me got a doodad called "Mowbot". I
can remember roughly what it looks like, but don't have a
lot of information. There was some kind of ground loop, and
the mower went in random patterns. Rechargable.

On my lawn, an outdoor Roomba like that would be stranded on its back
spinning its wheels in ten minutes, like a bad turtle cartoon. If kids
or dogs are around, you couldn't leave it untended anyway.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:grjbar
:

In about 1969 or so, give or take a couple years. A family a
couple blocks away from me got a doodad called "Mowbot". I
can remember roughly what it looks like, but don't have a
lot of information. There was some kind of ground loop, and
the mower went in random patterns. Rechargable.

There was something like that that ran on a laid out loop on the lawn but
it was for watering the lawn.

It would be fun to see one of these Bot mowers mowing over the track lines
and water hoses. Can you see it firing the hose nozzle through the
neighbors windshield or possibly a passing patrol car? Cop thinks they are
being assulted. Takes out the Bot with a .45
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 8, 10:45*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot
robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...ogy/technology...

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

I thought of making mine RC, I have the radio and reciever, it wouldnt
be hard but real strong servos would cost bucks, but there is a big
risk of a runaway machine, something fails or range is lost, Ive had
my RC stuff "runaway" at full speed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

Yeah, didn't you use the hose as a track? I just saw one of those the
other day, in some guy's garage.

It would be fun to see one of these Bot mowers mowing over the track
lines and water hoses. Can you see it firing the hose nozzle through
the neighbors windshield or possibly a passing patrol car? Cop
thinks they are being assulted. Takes out the Bot with a .45

Without looking into it, I gotta say I don't understand how this thing
could have gotten past the CPSC.

It is lead-free.