Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Huge April Homeless Rally..California State Capital !

Huge April Homeless Rally.. Sacramento California State Capital
Protest !

We believe everyone deserves SAFE GROUND!

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

Shelters are full, so for many the options are few: sleep in a car, if
you have one, or break the law and sleep illegally on the streets.

Criminalize homelessness in this economy ? - This is unfair and
unjust! - PROTEST !

Families, Children, Everyone should have a safe place where they can
go at night and sleep without fear. That’s why we need a "safe
ground". Sacramento California needs a safe “legalized” campground
where homeless folks can have clean water, bathrooms, and trash
services until our City, County and State are willing and able to
provide adequate shelters and affordable housing for the growing
numbers of homeless folks.

We need you to join us on April 21, Tuesday at 2pm on the Capital
Steps for the RALLY !

Safe Ground Rally
April 21, 2009, Tuesday, 2 pm
Sacramento California State Capital

Sign Up For our Action Alert List to receive ongoing Safe Ground news
updates.

http://www.sacloaves.org/safeground

*NOTE:

Redding Loaves and Fishes has also seen an increase here in Shasta
County, so we are pleased to promote the Sacramento Loaves and Fishes
April Homeless Protest Rally at the State Capital in Sacramento
California. We are also against practices and laws that unfairly
single out homeless people and criminalize them for everyday living
and life-sustaining activites in Redding and Shasta County as well

Read Mo

http://reddingloavesandfishes.com/fo...p?topic=1218.0
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

SNIP

Can't you just prey? Have 8 fish feed hundreds? Turn water into wine so they
forget their worries?

Works for some!

Posted to alt.home.repair

pray = ask of God. Example: "we pray for these loaves..."
prey = victimize (verb). Example: "Politicians prey on
homeless, as props for t heir political ads. victim. (noun)
Example: "A lion thought a gazelle was a good prey for
dinner."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich" madeyoulook@localhost wrote in message

SNIP

Can't you just prey? Have 8 fish feed hundreds? Turn water
into wine so they
forget their worries?

Works for some!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Families, Children, Everyone should have a safe place where they can
go at night and sleep without fear. That’s why we need a "safe
ground". Sacramento California needs a safe “legalized” campground
where homeless folks can have clean water, bathrooms, and trash
services until our City, County and State are willing and able to
provide adequate shelters and affordable housing for the growing
numbers of homeless folks.

************************************************** ***************************************

Why is it up to the government to provide affordable housing? Why not get a
job or move to a place more affordable?

If something criminal happens to a resident of the "safe ground", they will
be suing the government for letting it happen. Who is going to pay for the
crappers they need? And the trash removal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
Families, Children, Everyone should have a safe place where they can
go at night and sleep without fear. That's why we need a "safe
ground". Sacramento California needs a safe "legalized" campground
where homeless folks can have clean water, bathrooms, and trash
services until our City, County and State are willing and able to
provide adequate shelters and affordable housing for the growing
numbers of homeless folks.

************************************************** ***************************************

Why is it up to the government to provide affordable housing? Why not get
a job or move to a place more affordable?

If something criminal happens to a resident of the "safe ground", they
will be suing the government for letting it happen. Who is going to pay
for the crappers they need? And the trash removal?

You and I, the taxpayers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 6:55*pm, wrote:

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

That's what I like about Michigan. People who sleep outside tend to
freeze to death. Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost
to the taxpayer.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2009 4:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

wrote:

Huge April Homeless Rally.. Sacramento California State Capital
Protest !

We believe everyone deserves SAFE GROUND!

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

Shelters are full, so for many the options are few: sleep in a car, if
you have one, or break the law and sleep illegally on the streets.

Criminalize homelessness in this economy ? - This is unfair and
unjust! - PROTEST !

Almost everybody can have a safe and secure place to rest their weary head -
it's called "get a job." For some, though, that's not possible. Homelessness
is, however, only a symptom.

Like most problems in society, this one is also the consequence of an
upstream liberal policy - the policy that the state could not incarcerate
the mentally ill. So the states evicted their mentally incompetent and
unbalanced and here we are.

I've got you this time, "Bub". You're hoist on your own petard, as they say.

Why? Because who was responsible for turning out "mentally incompetent
and unbalanced" patients from California hospitals by the *thousands*?
Why, none other than your presumed hero Ronald Reagan, that's who. (Like
they say, you could look it up.)

Liberal policy my ass.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2009 11:18 AM Cindy Hamilton spake thus:

On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, wrote:

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

That's what I like about Michigan. People who sleep outside tend to
freeze to death. Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost
to the taxpayer.

Well, let's hope you never end up homeless there and end up freezing
your sweet buns to death, honey.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, wrote:

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

That's what I like about Michigan. People who sleep outside tend to
freeze to death. Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost
to the taxpayer.

Cindy Hamilton

Sure there is a cost. They have to ship them to GR or Lansing for an
autopsy, since most of the counties only have a medical examiner on paper.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Uh, I don't think so. It was a federal mandate that came online in 1963-64.
Reagan didn't become governor until 1966.

The mandate might have taken two or three years (until 1966 or later) to
percolate up to the larger institutions, but even if so, Reagan being the
governor was merely a coincidence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, wrote:

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in
Sacramento and the numbers are growing!

That's what I like about Michigan. People who sleep outside tend to
freeze to death. Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost
to the taxpayer.

Well, let's hope you never end up homeless there and end up freezing
your sweet buns to death, honey.

"Hope" is not a strategy - random "change" is not a tactic.

It's idiotic to make public policy based on what MIGHT happen to a SINGLE
individual... unless you're a liberal and preface your decisions with "It's
for the children."

As for the "homeless" in my town, our police take a more proactive approach.
First they beat them sufficiently, then, when they have a truckload, they
drive them about a dozen miles into Louisiana and let them off. Being
humane, the cops usually stop in an area free 'gators lined up along the
interstate waiting for someone to have a flat.

Works for us. Others may have differing schemes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Of course, you realize that homeless folks are well noted
for being violent, or thieves. The only way to have a safe
camp ground is to have it vacant.

So, where do homeless folks get income, except for direct
theft, or indirect theft known as taxation?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Huge April Homeless Rally.. Sacramento California State
Capital
Protest !

We believe everyone deserves SAFE GROUND!

California. We are also against practices and laws that
unfairly
single out homeless people and criminalize them for everyday
living
and life-sustaining activites in Redding and Shasta County
as well

Read Mo

http://reddingloavesandfishes.com/fo...p?topic=1218.0

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

.

wrote in message

Huge April Homeless Rally.. Sacramento California State
Capital
Protest !

We believe everyone deserves SAFE GROUND!

California. We are also against practices and laws that
unfairly
single out homeless people and criminalize them for everyday
living
and life-sustaining activites in Redding and Shasta County
as well

Read Mo

http://reddingloavesandfishes.com/fo...p?topic=1218.0

Actually the largest group of homeless in most communities are single
moms, esp. victims of domestic abuse. Other problems include youth
aged out of foster care and veterans.

We have a dysfunctional foster care system. Some kids gets placed in
foster care and it pretty much screws him/her up. He ages out and has
never learned how to live alone and is basically thrown out on the
street with no family or friends to rely on. How is that the kid's
fault. So he/she is homeless. Yes we should do something about it
but better yet, we should do something about it when the kid was
younger so it didn't get to this. But we didn't and we get stuck with
the results.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Of course, you realize that homeless folks are well noted
for being violent, or thieves. The only way to have a safe
camp ground is to have it vacant.

So, where do homeless folks get income, except for direct
theft, or indirect theft known as taxation?

Well, there are some that do casual day labor, off the books, but that
is probably a small percentage. Most street sleepers are mentally ill,
drunks, or druggies, and thus basically unemployable. The ones that are
still rational and temporarily without an address due to the sky falling
on them, usually have it together enough to crash with friends or make
use of shelters.

The veneer of civilization is thin- nobody knows how well they would
handle their comfortable world crashing down for whatever reason, unless
it actually happens to them. Doesn't matter if the wires in your head
short out physically, or if you over-self-medicate due to perceived pain
and loss. Once you are dysfunctional in modern society, the accumulated
creature comforts run away like water. Didn't really grasp all that
myself until I lost a brother to a downward spiral, and he picked up an
infection that finally killed him. And he was a college graduate with a
successful life as an artisan carpenter.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Time to get government the hell out of families. Leave that
to extended family, and churches.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are a few people who are victims, not of their own
causing. And I really have compassion for them. I susepct
the majority of homeless are a result of failed government
policies.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

The veneer of civilization is thin- nobody knows how well
they would
handle their comfortable world crashing down for whatever
reason, unless
it actually happens to them. Doesn't matter if the wires in
your head
short out physically, or if you over-self-medicate due to
perceived pain
and loss. Once you are dysfunctional in modern society, the
accumulated
creature comforts run away like water. Didn't really grasp
all that
myself until I lost a brother to a downward spiral, and he
picked up an
infection that finally killed him. And he was a college
graduate with a
successful life as an artisan carpenter.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Of course, you realize that homeless folks are well noted
for being violent, or thieves. The only way to have a safe
camp ground is to have it vacant.

So, where do homeless folks get income, except for direct
theft, or indirect theft known as taxation?

Many people show great compassion for the urban campers
and it can be an admirable quality for someone to have,
but my philosophy is simple, "don't feed the bears, if
you do, they will no longer forage for food in their
natural way."

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Time to get government the hell out of families. Leave that
to extended family, and churches.

Hey, The Army is always looking for cannon fodder.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, wrote:

There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento
and the numbers are growing!

That's what I like about Michigan. *People who sleep outside tend to
freeze to death. *Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost
to the taxpayer.

Well, let's hope you never end up homeless there and end up freezing
your sweet buns to death, honey.

Well, no one can foresee everything, but careful planning should see
me through.
And if it doesn't, there's always the 9mm retirement option.

Frankly, I expect to die at home, alone, and be found by the police
(the poor
devils) after some time has elapsed. It seems the most likely
outcome.

Cindy Hamilton