Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hunter Douglas Blinds Broken

I have a house full of wooden Hunter Douglas blinds. One of them is
broken. The cords that are used to change the tilt of the blinds
don't work. I've tried taking the blind apart but can't figure out
the mechanism, the problem seems to be inside a little box that the
cords come out of. I was unable to get that little box open.

Unfortunately, we can't seem to find anyone who is willing to repair
it for us. I misplaced the name and phone number of the guy who sold
us the blinds 2 years ago, and nobody wants to repair a blind
installed by someone else.

I suppose we could just replace that blind set.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Matt wrote:
Unfortunately, we can't seem to find anyone who is willing to repair
it for us. I misplaced the name and phone number of the guy who sold
us the blinds 2 years ago, ...

I start w/ contacting manufacturer probably via the web site and find
distributors/retailers in area. If that doesn't find somebody local,
contact them more directly.

I've no experience w/ the particular blind, the old venetian blinds here
can take the drive apart to re-cord. I've several that need it at the
moment -- it's one of those "I _HATE_ doing that!" jobs, but isn't that
difficult, I just don't like messing w/ 'em. Not that that's any help
for you...

Don't know the name either, but if they are reasonably high-quality
blinds, I'd surely expect there's some way to be able to re-cord them
and repair so I'm back to contacting the manufacturer and go from there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 6:31*am, Matt wrote:
I have a house full of wooden Hunter Douglas blinds. *One of them is
broken. *The cords that are used to change the tilt of the blinds
don't work. *I've tried taking the blind apart but can't figure out
the mechanism, the problem seems to be inside a little box that the
cords come out of. *I was unable to get that little box open.

Go to the manufacturers website, find a number for customer service,
and call them up. 3 or 4 years ago, I had a similar problem with some
2" plastic pseudo-wood blinds bought from Home Depot. Used a rod for
tilt control, not cords. Plastic gears were stripped. Couldn't find
original receipt. Called manufacturer, they only asked 2 questions -
model number, and how many gearboxes do you want. I added up the
number of miniblinds in the house, added 1 for good measure, and had
the parts in a week, no charge. 5 minute job to replace the gearbox.
Just used the second replacement part last week.

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Matt wrote:
I have a house full of wooden Hunter Douglas blinds. One of them is
broken. The cords that are used to change the tilt of the blinds
don't work.

Call Hunter Douglas.

I had cause to do so just a few weeks ago and their customer
service people were fantastic. We worked through the model
numbers and issues. Replacement parts were sent (free of charge).
They arrived a few days later with instructions and installed
within minutes. Exemplary service!

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Douglas Fir Arthur 51 UK diy 23 February 28th 09 01:44 PM
CVG Douglas Fir Source Mike Woodworking 3 March 24th 08 11:02 PM
Douglas fir questions mattblack Woodworking 1 October 8th 07 07:18 AM
Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
Douglas Fir difficulty Hitch Woodturning 6 February 20th 06 10:44 PM