Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Hunter Douglas Blinds Broken

On Mar 18, 6:31*am, Matt wrote:
I have a house full of wooden Hunter Douglas blinds. *One of them is
broken. *The cords that are used to change the tilt of the blinds
don't work. *I've tried taking the blind apart but can't figure out
the mechanism, the problem seems to be inside a little box that the
cords come out of. *I was unable to get that little box open.

Go to the manufacturers website, find a number for customer service,
and call them up. 3 or 4 years ago, I had a similar problem with some
2" plastic pseudo-wood blinds bought from Home Depot. Used a rod for
tilt control, not cords. Plastic gears were stripped. Couldn't find
original receipt. Called manufacturer, they only asked 2 questions -
model number, and how many gearboxes do you want. I added up the
number of miniblinds in the house, added 1 for good measure, and had
the parts in a week, no charge. 5 minute job to replace the gearbox.
Just used the second replacement part last week.

Jerry