Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Black & Decker 18V Firestorm

Anybody used a Black & Decker 18V Firestorm with the removable pop-off
chuck? I have a 6 year old B&D 12V that has been working great in moderately
heavy use. The batteries are still going strong. I'm intrigued by the chuck.
Also, the batteries interchange with my old one. Opinions appreciated.
TIA

http://products.howstuffworks.com/bl...d-2-review.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 2:38*pm, "1D1OT" wrote:
Anybody used a Black & Decker 18V Firestorm with the removable pop-off
chuck? I have a 6 year old B&D 12V that has been working great in moderately
heavy use. The batteries are still going strong. I'm intrigued by the chuck.
Also, the batteries interchange with my old one. Opinions appreciated.
TIA

http://products.howstuffworks.com/bl...m-cordless-dri...

I've got a 12V Firestorm ~6 years old with removable chuck. Works
fine. I like the feature.
Guess 18V would even be better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to 1D1OT, Mark wrote:
I have a Black and Decker Firestorm FS1800D drill. The Retaining Clip was
lost and the chuck started slipping. I cannot figure out exactly were the
clip is supposed to go. The parts diagram is not clear. I see a slot in the
shaft but the clip I bought does not fit. Is it supposed to bent onto the
shaft? Any information would be helpful. Having never noticed how it was
originally installed I have no idea where it goes. I would appreciate any
advice. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...rm-361471-.htm