Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Special tool needed

I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 1:12*pm, WhiteTea wrote:
I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
* * * * Andy

They have that tool at my local Ace hardware store. It's called a
security torx bit or something like that.

Ken
Posted to alt.home.repair

WhiteTea wrote:
I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
Andy

It's called a 'tamper proof allen'. if it's a hex. You sure it's not a
torx? Any reputable tool supplier has the keys for them. whether hex
or torx.

steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 1:12�pm, WhiteTea wrote:
I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
� � � � Andy

if your attempting to replace the cells you might check out
primecell.com they do a excellent job, at reasonable price and the
cells used are better than new, with higher capacity.

plkus soldering to cells damages them, primcell welds the leads to the
cells.

heck they can even do the glued together battery packs

http://primecell.com/pctools.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cordless Power Tool Batteries - we make them work like they should.

We do not offer new tool battery packs. Our quotes are for rebuilding
your old battery pack. (It must be sent to us.)

If you are considering the purchase of new battery packs from the
original manufacturer.. remember this: If your tool is 5 years old...
it is likely that the existing replacement packs are also 5 years
old. They stopped making the battery packs... when they released the
new model, and the gadgets that go with it.. If you do not care
about the gadgets that draw most customers into the "buy a new one"
trap - then you are our intended customer. Our purpose is to provide
improved performance... for use by those who require only the best.
It is not our intention to compete with low cost replacement
batteries. Remember that the poor quality battery problem will
continue... it is sold to you along with the new gadgets and doo-dads.
If you do not require more than a casual use of your cordless tools,
then you should probably search for the lowest price.

Others claim that batteries without screws cannot be rebuilt - NOT
TRUE - WE REBUILD BATTERIES WITH SEALED CASES.

When rebuilding your old battery - we only use factory fresh cells,
that exceed the original specifications. There have been considerable
increases in the capacity of all rechargeable cells, and they continue
to improve every day. Your power tool has never had it so good.
Battery packs for cordless tools may be viewed as three categories.

They are typically graded by voltage and capacity. The voltage
indicates how many 1.2 Volt cells are used. (10 cells = 12 V). The mAh
or AH refers to how much energy can be stored. (2.1 AH is the same as
2100mAh etc) The higher the number, the better the ability to provide
continued use without recharging. The physical size of the cells, and
if they are NiCd or NiMh ... determine what can be used as a
replacement. Battery capacity measurements are based upon finished
product testing with top quality cells. Often times cells may be
marked with capacity ratings that are misleading - some perform better
- others less - we test to make sure.

Standard capacity packs: They are usually sold in pairs, in kits with
do-everything attachments. They were made at minimum cost, with small
size cells, that provide little operating time. These batteries often
spend more time in the charger, than they do in the tools. The
batteries are usually only 1.0 AH cells, we rebuild them with the
highest available capacity. (depending of the model the upgrade can be
1.3 AH or higher. The result is usually a 25 to 35% increase in run
time.

Extra, XR or Maxi etc. battery packs. These are large capacity NiCd
packs, they are usually 1500 to 1700. We only replace these with 2.1
to 2.4 AH cells for a 40% increase in run time.

NIMH -Maximum capacity packs: NiMh batteries are usually available in
two battery sizes. Small packs were 1.5 AH and large battery packs
were 2.2 AH to 2.6 AH We rebuild the small case with 2.1 AH and the
larger packs are improved to 3.3 AH. Either rebuild usually adds 50%
more run time.

Our price to rebuild Tool Batteries is based on the voltage and cell
type (NiCd or NiMh). FOR ANY BRAND NAME. The brand name or model
number does not change the price.

"Think Better than New." (not cheaper than new) Our rebuilds are
designed to be superior in capacity, and of the highest possible
quality, for use with your existing equipment. We do not offer poor
performance for cheap prices.

Click here to see what magazines are reporting about PRIMECELL rebuild
service.

Make it easy .. A printer friendly order form is available for
download at this web address: http://www.primecell.com/PDF/OF062808-BT-2PG
Download the file and use it to send your batteries for quotation or
rebuild.

10.8 Volts Replace NICD with high capacity upgrade $ 29.00
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 3:13*pm, bob haller wrote:
[...]

that link doesn't work
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 2:57*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
WhiteTea wrote:
I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
* * * * Andy

It's called a 'tamper proof allen'. *if it's a hex. *You sure it's not a
torx? *Any reputable tool supplier has the keys for them. *whether hex
or torx.

steve

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Cute name. The manufacturer's internal manual calls it a D.W.I.R.
screw. Don't Want It Rebuilt. :-)
N.A.P. Not A Problem

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eric in North TX wrote:

[...]

The .pdf at the end of the link got cut off. Try this:

http://www.primecell.com/PDF/OF062808-BT-2PG.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

WhiteTea wrote:
I have a rechargeable battery that I want to dissassemble.

The screws are a modified hex with a protrusion in the center that I
need to remove and don't know where I can find the tool needed.

Thanks,
Andy

Any security screw with the post sticking up
can be defeated with an automatic center punch.
You simply place the tip of the punch between
the post and side of the socket and push. The
little post will snap off and you can use a
standard driver to remove the screw.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I ordered the 100 piece tamper proof tool kit from Harbor Freight. A
few days later I got a card thanking me for my order. Then I got an
e-mail telling me that the order was cancelled because the item is not
in stock. Are there any other on-line suppliers that might sell these
tools? I need to take apart a Capresso coffee grinder for repair.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Mar 4, 8:34*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I ordered the 100 piece tamper proof tool kit from Harbor Freight. *A
few days later I got a card thanking me for my order. *Then I got an
e-mail telling me that the order was cancelled because the item is not
in stock. *Are there any other on-line suppliers that might sell these
tools? *I need to take apart a Capresso coffee grinder for repair.

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

Depending on the tool, you might have luck at a Micro Center. I've
bought two sets of tamper proof bits there from the little junk bins
by the checkout counters, quite inexpensively.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Look and see if there is a HF store near you. That's usually
a stock item, at least at the store near me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I ordered the 100 piece tamper proof tool kit from Harbor
Freight. A
few days later I got a card thanking me for my order. Then
I got an
e-mail telling me that the order was cancelled because the
item is not
in stock. Are there any other on-line suppliers that might
sell these
tools? I need to take apart a Capresso coffee grinder for
repair.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Special tool needed UPDATE

I was able to order the 100 piece set from Amazon.com.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

fa - special washing machine tool William Noble Metalworking 1 December 15th 07 01:49 PM
is there a special tool? [email protected] Home Repair 12 July 19th 07 08:40 AM
A Special Tool Lew Hodgett Woodworking 4 March 18th 05 01:47 AM
Need Special Tool - Any Leads? Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 13 December 11th 04 05:27 PM