Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Cordless phone with 3 extra handsets

Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0
Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I have 2 sets of panasonics, both of which have worked great. No other brand
I've tried was as clear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I have 2 sets of panasonics, both of which have worked great. No other
brand I've tried was as clear.

Ditto that. I've got two sets of Panasonic 5.8. One has 2 handsets, the
other has 3 and all are fine. Plenty of range in a big house and even to the
curb to visit the mailbox.

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

What kind of phone servise are you using?
I have a 4 handset Panasonic 6.0 system. Almost two years old, from
Costco. Get echo once in a blue moon but since it is rare and goes away
I think it is the outside phone network.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:15:43 -0500, LouB wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

What kind of phone servise are you using?
I have a 4 handset Panasonic 6.0 system. Almost two years old, from
Costco. Get echo once in a blue moon but since it is rare and goes away
I think it is the outside phone network.

I used an AT&T set for the last two years and it worked fine. I don't
think it is the phone service.

The base still works. I lost the extension charger. I miss having a
phone in the bathroom. The replacement extensions are about 40 bucks
+ shipping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

What kind of phone servise are you using?
I have a 4 handset Panasonic 6.0 system. Almost two years old, from
Costco. Get echo once in a blue moon but since it is rare and goes away
I think it is the outside phone network.

I used an AT&T set for the last two years and it worked fine. I don't
think it is the phone service.

The base still works. I lost the extension charger. I miss having a
phone in the bathroom. The replacement extensions are about 40 bucks
+ shipping.

I have AT&T... 3 phones , 1 base , 2 chargers..Work great , good range , but
they don't like the cold for extended periods of time...But then again
neither do I ...LOL....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charlie Darwin wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back
to Costco.

They are 6.0

I have 2 sets of panasonics, both of which have worked great. No
other brand I've tried was as clear.

Ditto that. I've got two sets of Panasonic 5.8. One has 2 handsets,
the other has 3 and all are fine. Plenty of range in a big house and
even to the curb to visit the mailbox.

I got up to the corner with mine. Probably 300 feet.

A little "burbbly" maybe, but it worked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back
to Costco.

They are 6.0

What kind of phone servise are you using?
I have a 4 handset Panasonic 6.0 system. Almost two years old, from
Costco. Get echo once in a blue moon but since it is rare and goes
away I think it is the outside phone network.

I used an AT&T set for the last two years and it worked fine. I don't
think it is the phone service.

The base still works. I lost the extension charger. I miss having a
phone in the bathroom. The replacement extensions are about 40 bucks
+ shipping.

That's what thrift shops are for.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee is offline

metspitzer wrote in
:

Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I have had Panasonics for years and years. I like them the best but
they do have their quirks (as do all the others, I'm sure).

Anyway, like you, I just bought a DECT 6.0 set. I have noticed echo
when the volume is turned up too high on the handset. To lower the
volume when you are on a call, press the down arrow on the round rocker
button once or twice. The echo should disappear.

Dee
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/20/09 05:14 pm metspitzer wrote:

Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

Our Panasonic DECT 6.0 system is great. We originally bought a 4-handset
set, then bought a 2-handset set to extend it. So now we have 6 cordless
handsets scattered around the house.

We recently bought another identical 2-handset pack for my MIL so she
has one by her bed and one by her favorite chair.

Never noticed an echo.

A more recent model of Panasonic DECT 6.0 has voice-announcement caller
ID, but my MIL found the display more difficult to read, so we took that
one back.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 02/20/09 05:14 pm metspitzer wrote:

Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

Our Panasonic DECT 6.0 system is great. We originally bought a 4-handset
set, then bought a 2-handset set to extend it. So now we have 6 cordless
handsets scattered around the house.

We recently bought another identical 2-handset pack for my MIL so she
has one by her bed and one by her favorite chair.

Never noticed an echo.

A more recent model of Panasonic DECT 6.0 has voice-announcement caller
ID, but my MIL found the display more difficult to read, so we took that
one back.

Perce

Guess I'm old fashioned. I prefer having a Real Phone in each room.
Never get lost, no static problems, no batteries to keep charged and
replace, etc. And they pretty much last forever- I think the newest one
is about 15 years old. I don't talk walking around, and there are only
so many places to sit in the house. Never had a cordless, probably never
will. Only use them at relative's houses. Good thing I have a good stock
of spares- all the corded phones in the stores these days seem to be
cheap throw-aways designed by stylists with no grasp of ergonomics.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

What kind of phone servise are you using?
I have a 4 handset Panasonic 6.0 system. Almost two years old, from
Costco. Get echo once in a blue moon but since it is rare and goes away
I think it is the outside phone network.

Lou

No complaints from our Uniden 6.0 system other than a small choice of ring
tones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 5:14*pm, metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. *I get echo. *I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I decided on an AT&T SL82318

It has two extra handsets. I got it at Target for 90 bucks. An added
bonus is the display is large enough for me to see without my reading
glasses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I decided on an AT&T SL82318

It has two extra handsets. I got it at Target for 90 bucks. An added
bonus is the display is large enough for me to see without my reading
glasses.

Hmmm,
Echo is not phone's fault. It is phone lines fault.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:35:41 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I decided on an AT&T SL82318

It has two extra handsets. I got it at Target for 90 bucks. An added
bonus is the display is large enough for me to see without my reading
glasses.

Hmmm,
Echo is not phone's fault. It is phone lines fault.

Actually no. The phone line may cause echo, but it is not the only
cause.

I still have my old AT&T phone. The reason I want to replace it is
that the connection to the charger is bad. I can still use the phone
and still make it charge if I take the battery out and put it back in.
There is no echo on this phone.

I haven't used the new set long enough to say there is no echo, but
none yet.

How can that be the phone line?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

I decided on an AT&T SL82318

It has two extra handsets. I got it at Target for 90 bucks. An added
bonus is the display is large enough for me to see without my reading
glasses.

Hmmm,
Echo is not phone's fault. It is phone lines fault.

Actually no. The phone line may cause echo, but it is not the only
cause.

No it can't. The signal travels at the speed of light.
Unless you live a hundred thousand miles from the nearest town, the
propagation time on the lines will be less than a thousanth of a second.

The echo is caused by propagation delays when sending
digitized calls over satelite or within some equipment when converting
to/from digital and when buffering the data.

I still have my old AT&T phone. The reason I want to replace it is
that the connection to the charger is bad. I can still use the phone
and still make it charge if I take the battery out and put it back in.
There is no echo on this phone.

I haven't used the new set long enough to say there is no echo, but
none yet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 6:14*pm, metspitzer wrote:
Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. *I get echo. *I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

vtech with 4 handsets, 3 remote chargers and an answering machine.

4 years old and never a problem...except when all 4 hand sets end up in one of the kid's rooms.

The price at BJ's for 4 handsets was the same as the price at Best Buy
for the same model with only 3.

The only drawback is you need a handset to answer. I've had others
where you could answer the base unit since it was a speaker phone.
That comes in handy when all 4 hand sets end up in one of the kid's
rooms.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Actually, if you want to blame A/D and D/A conversion, the cordless
phones, almost all of which are digital now, have to do that too in
both the handpiece and the base. But regardless of where the
digital to analog converion is done, there is no reason for that to
cause echo as the delay through the A/D circuit is only nanoseconds.
And echo is not limited to digitized calls. It existed when phones
were analog as well. Poorly balanced lines that caused reflection
were one big source.

If he has it with the new Panasonic phone on every call and not with
another phone, that would be pretty strong proof that whatever he's
hearing that's a problem is being caused by the phone.

I still have my old AT&T phone. *The reason I want to replace it is
that the connection to the charger is bad. *I can still use the phone
and still make it charge if I take the battery out and put it back in.
There is no echo on this phone.
I haven't used the new set long enough to say there is no echo, but
none yet.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 28, 8:28�am, Han wrote:
wrote in news:6e156299-3a4d-4b8c-af69-
:

If he has it with the new Panasonic phone on every call and not with
another phone, that would be pretty strong proof that whatever he's
hearing that's a problem is being caused by the phone.

I believe this problem was reported before with a Panasonic unit of some
kind and the solution was to turn the volume down.

--
Best regards
Han

cordless phones require power line voltage to run the base unit and
can malfunction in many ways.

keep a old corded phone perhaps at the base unit, leave it plugged in.

with a easy way to unplug the cordless base.

when you have any phone problems just unplug the cordless base from
phone line and try old reliable corded.

plus the corded phone will work during a power failure.

just makes life easier

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
metspitzer wrote:
[...]