Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

yuvaraj

Default cordless phone

hi,

I don't know where to post this message but I hope some help from this
group.

I am in a village surrounded by hills. I am waiting for a land line
connections for past 4 years. They have to lay cable for 4 Kms so they
don't provide me connection. cellulor phone operation also in the out
of reach. Now I decided to not wait furhter. I am planning to get a
connection away from my house(i.e about 4 kms where I will get a
phone connection)and keeping the base unit of cardless phone in that
place and having handset in my house. I have clear line of sight.

some duplicate named NOKIA is available. it won't work for more than a
week.

Please help me any one of the following way:
1. suggest a cardless phone with basic function and high reliable
one.( for 2 - 3 Mile range) - I am very much concerned about Price.

2. Providing circuit to make a FM cardless phone phone - it may be
bulkier but tested circuit - I know little bit electronics and doing
some projects

Thaks lot

with regards
Dave C.

You want a cordless phone with a 3 MILE range?!? Geez, I think the best on
the market might work for 3 blocks, if they had a direct line-of-sight.
Probably not, though. Why don't you look into DSS two-way Internet service,
such as direcway or similar. Before you do, see if anyone has used VOIP
(voice over IP) service with DSS based Internet service providers. If so,
you could sign up for a service like Vonage and have high speed Internet
plus voice telephone calls for about a hundred bucks a month. Not bad,
considering there appears to be no other options for you. But first you'd
have to verify that you can do VOIP with a small (18") satellite dish. Oh,
and you need a good view to the South. -Dave

Travis Jordan

yuvaraj wrote:
/snip/
I am in a village surrounded by hills. I am waiting for a land line
connections for past 4 years. They have to lay cable for 4 Kms so they
don't provide me connection. cellulor phone operation also in the out
of reach. Now I decided to not wait furhter. I am planning to get a
connection away from my house(i.e about 4 kms where I will get a
phone connection)and keeping the base unit of cardless phone in that
place and having handset in my house. I have clear line of sight.

/snip/
Please help me any one of the following way:
1. suggest a cardless phone with basic function and high reliable
one.( for 2 - 3 Mile range) - I am very much concerned about Price.

2. Providing circuit to make a FM cardless phone phone - it may be
bulkier but tested circuit - I know little bit electronics and doing
some projects

I don't know of any reliable 'low price' 4 km remote phones. Here is
one higher-priced option; obviously, it would be illegal to use one of
these in India without a proper license (which may not be possible to
obtain). You may also want to mount gain antennas at both the remote
and local end to insure reliable service.

http://www.nordsudtt.com/voyager/

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
I don't know of any reliable 'low price' 4 km remote phones. Here is
one higher-priced option; obviously, it would be illegal to use one of
these in India without a proper license (which may not be possible to
obtain). You may also want to mount gain antennas at both the remote
and local end to insure reliable service.

http://www.nordsudtt.com/voyager/

Here is what looks like the same phone at a more reasonable price:

http://www.thehightechstore.com/voyager2200.html

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:
I don't know of any reliable 'low price' 4 km remote phones. Here
is one higher-priced option; obviously, it would be illegal to use
one of these in India without a proper license (which may not be
possible to obtain). You may also want to mount gain antennas at
both the remote and local end to insure reliable service.

http://www.nordsudtt.com/voyager/

Here is what looks like the same phone at a more reasonable price:

http://www.thehightechstore.com/voyager2200.html

The lower priced phone is only 600 mw RF output (base and remote) rather
than 3 w; however, this might still be perfectly adequate with roof top
mounted yagi's at each end. The free space path loss at 4 km at 900 Mhz
would be about 39 dB.

Note that the phones are made in Taiwan so you may be able to find an
Asia - Pacific seller.