Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Cordless phone with 3 extra handsets

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 02/20/09 05:14 pm metspitzer wrote:

Who has a set they like?

I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to
Costco.

They are 6.0

Our Panasonic DECT 6.0 system is great. We originally bought a 4-handset
set, then bought a 2-handset set to extend it. So now we have 6 cordless
handsets scattered around the house.

We recently bought another identical 2-handset pack for my MIL so she
has one by her bed and one by her favorite chair.

Never noticed an echo.

A more recent model of Panasonic DECT 6.0 has voice-announcement caller
ID, but my MIL found the display more difficult to read, so we took that
one back.

Perce

Guess I'm old fashioned. I prefer having a Real Phone in each room.
Never get lost, no static problems, no batteries to keep charged and
replace, etc. And they pretty much last forever- I think the newest one
is about 15 years old. I don't talk walking around, and there are only
so many places to sit in the house. Never had a cordless, probably never
will. Only use them at relative's houses. Good thing I have a good stock
of spares- all the corded phones in the stores these days seem to be
cheap throw-aways designed by stylists with no grasp of ergonomics.

--
aem sends...