Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Angle grinder lost flat wrench tool. How to unlock?

I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"lbbss" wrote in message
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Buy a cheap open end wrench and grind it down to fit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Tappet wrench. If that doesn't work, grind it down on your bench
grinder. (I would say an angle grinder would work in a pinch, BUT...)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

take the grinder and grind the wrench down to fit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:09:52 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

lbbss wrote:
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

take the grinder and grind the wrench down to fit.

And then tape the wrench to the power cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 2:39*pm, lbbss wrote:
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. * The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. * Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? *Any ideas? *thanks.

What brand grinder is it?
Does the grinder have a spindle lock?

If so, you can do what I do.......activate the spindle lock & then
grab the grinding or sanding disc to loosen or tighten.
I seldom, if ever, use the wrench.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"lbbss" wrote in message
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Go to a bicycle store. Or grind a cheap wrench, or cut a slot in a piece of
1/8" stock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , BobK207 wrote:
On Feb 15, 2:39=A0pm, lbbss wrote:
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Use your angle grinder to make a new wrench from a piece of 1/8" steel bar.

Or buy a cheap open-end wrench and grind it thinner.

What brand grinder is it?
Does the grinder have a spindle lock?

If so, you can do what I do.......activate the spindle lock & then
grab the grinding or sanding disc to loosen or tighten.
I seldom, if ever, use the wrench.

Note: do this with the power OFF.
Posted to alt.home.repair

thank you all, will try grinding a cheap wrench.
Posted to alt.home.repair

A couple decades ago, I had a set of "bicycle wrenches" that
might be some what similar.

Similar to this:
http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/google.f...Key=1922819770

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"lbbss" wrote in message
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end
wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is
too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other
tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lbbss" wrote in message
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to
unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick
(1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could
use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Go to the Borg and buy a replacement. About $4. Ouch.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2009 7:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

A couple decades ago, I had a set of "bicycle wrenches" that
might be some what similar.

Similar to this:
http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/google.f...Key=1922819770

AKA "cone wrenches" (so-called because used for turning bearing cones).
Probably a little too light-duty, and they come in weird sizes.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair

Angle Grinder! The Medway Handyman UK diy 4 March 13th 08 04:43 PM
FA: such a deal - stand to make a 4.5 inch cheapie angle grinder into a cutoff tool William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 3 February 26th 06 05:12 PM
WTB Angle Grinder Andy Mabbett UK diy 30 February 26th 06 01:36 PM
FA ending soon Dumore compound grinder or tool post grinder Richard W. Metalworking 0 September 2nd 05 01:23 AM
Angle Grinder use bhads UK diy 3 August 7th 05 03:27 PM