Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical power in non-120-volt places

The question from the person in Peru about wiring for 230 volts raises a
question: in places that use 230/240 volts for household current (i.e.,
most of the world), how is that power brought into the house? Here, we
have 2 "legs" of 120 volts each (two hots and a neutral) of opposite
phases, so that you can either tap 120 from either leg or 240 between them.

Is 230/240 brought in the same way so that you can get 480 volts
(yikes!)? Or is it just one single circuit?

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair