Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reciprocating saw & volt power inverter

Would it be possible to use a reciprocating saw powered by a 12 volt
power inverter plugged into my car cigarette lighter without burning
out my wiring?

If so, What type power inverter would be best to use?

Would I need to use it direct from my battery?

The power information from the side of the saw is, 115 volts, 6 amps,
50-60 HZ, 0-2300 SPM.

Thanks for any advice
Dan
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Dangerous" wrote in message
Would it be possible to use a reciprocating saw powered by a 12 volt
power inverter plugged into my car cigarette lighter without burning
out my wiring?

If so, What type power inverter would be best to use?

Would I need to use it direct from my battery?

The power information from the side of the saw is, 115 volts, 6 amps,
50-60 HZ, 0-2300 SPM.

Thanks for any advice
Dan

no.

115v@6a is 675 watts. at 12v, that's 57 amps not counting inefficiencies in
the conversion. a cigarette lighter fuse is usually around 5-10 amps, if
that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 1:43�pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"Dan Dangerous" wrote in message

Would it be possible to use a reciprocating saw powered by a 12 volt
power inverter plugged into my car cigarette lighter without burning
out my wiring?

If so, What type power inverter would be best to use?

Would I need to use it direct from my battery?

The power information from the side of the saw is, 115 volts, 6 amps,
50-60 HZ, 0-2300 SPM.

Thanks for any advice
Dan

no.

115v@6a is 675 watts. at 12v, that's 57 amps not counting inefficiencies in
the conversion. a cigarette lighter fuse is usually around 5-10 amps, if
that.

buy a inverter twice the wattage of the saw, and connect directly to
the battery. inverters are very nice to have around