Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leak Under Front Porch

I have a poured concrete slab front porch, about 6 x 10. The brick veneer
buts up against it and when it rains, I get some seepage into the cold room
below in the basement. I have tried caulking where the brick and slab meet,
but have not been successful. Any suggestions as to how to stop it, maybe
by laying flat stones on the porch and going up the side much like a
baseboard of tile when you tile a bathroom? Any product suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 4:57�pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have a poured concrete slab front porch, about 6 x 10. �The brick veneer
buts up against it and when it rains, I get some seepage into the cold room
below in the basement. �I have tried caulking where the brick and slab meet,
but have not been successful. �Any suggestions as to how to stop it, maybe
by laying flat stones on the porch and going up the side much like a
baseboard of tile when you tile a bathroom? �Any product suggestions?

the slab is likely moving, allowing a gap for water to enter.

since you cant positively stop water install interior french drain
with sump pump, coat interior wall with water proofing paint too......

you absolutewly need both!

you must redirect the water......

do still caulk the slab joint, but know it wouldnt help much.

or put a roof over the slab so no water ever gets on it

Front porch re-do SteveBell Home Repair 3 September 22nd 08 02:55 AM
Front porch re-do jim Home Repair 0 September 21st 08 10:04 PM
Refinish Front Porch [email protected] Home Repair 8 March 21st 08 09:15 PM
enclosed front porch Chris Home Repair 4 February 25th 07 05:05 PM
Carpeted Front Porch? Suzie-Q Home Repair 9 January 4th 05 12:12 AM