Suzie-Q

Default Carpeted Front Porch?

Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons
you're willing to share?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

- Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons
- you're willing to share?

Okay, I was at a neighbor's house and noticed that their front
porch was carpeted. My front porch is solid concrete. I figured
one would use indoor-outdoor carpet, unless there is an
outdoor-only carpet. I also figured the carpet would be glued
down securely -- i.e. every square inch. So no worrying about
rotting or bugs underneath. Also, FYI, my front porch is
covered by an extension of the roof of the house.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has a carpeted porch.
Are they more trouble than they're worth?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Kyle Boatright

Suggestion...

Don't glue it down. When you get tired of the carpet and rip it up, you'll
never get the glue up and the concrete with glue residue will look awful.
Also, if you ever decided to tile the area, the glue residue would cause
problems...

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

- Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons
- you're willing to share?

Okay, I was at a neighbor's house and noticed that their front
porch was carpeted. My front porch is solid concrete. I figured
one would use indoor-outdoor carpet, unless there is an
outdoor-only carpet. I also figured the carpet would be glued
down securely -- i.e. every square inch. So no worrying about
rotting or bugs underneath. Also, FYI, my front porch is
covered by an extension of the roof of the house.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has a carpeted porch.
Are they more trouble than they're worth?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

I did mine and love it! My porch is probably the same as you describe
yours.
I glued down some astro turf type stuff

Just do whatever you want. It is your house isn't it?

Try it, if you don't like it, don't do it again.
That is why they make all kinds of ice cream

Pop

I am about to have one and my MIL already has one. But, when you
troll with a complete lack of facts in the initial posts and
can't bother with any useful details, simply looking to "chat", I
won't bother with you. Yes, my MIL's is more trouble than it's
worth; mine won't be. Does that answer your question? Actually,
it does, as you posted it.

Suzie-Q wrote:
In article
,
Suzie-Q wrote:

- Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons
- you're willing to share?

Okay, I was at a neighbor's house and noticed that their front
porch was carpeted. My front porch is solid concrete. I
figured
one would use indoor-outdoor carpet, unless there is an
outdoor-only carpet. I also figured the carpet would be glued
down securely -- i.e. every square inch. So no worrying about
rotting or bugs underneath. Also, FYI, my front porch is
covered by an extension of the roof of the house.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has a carpeted porch.
Are they more trouble than they're worth?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q

In article , "Pop"
wrote:

- I am about to have one and my MIL already has one. But, when you
- troll with a complete lack of facts in the initial posts and
- can't bother with any useful details, simply looking to "chat", I
- won't bother with you. Yes, my MIL's is more trouble than it's
- worth; mine won't be. Does that answer your question? Actually,
- it does, as you posted it.

It was a very general question and I expected very
general answers. No need for details at this early
date.

Thanks for your response.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Norminn

Suzie-Q wrote:
Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons
you're willing to share?

Carpet will hold moisture and may rot the porch if it is wood, in
addition to growing mold/mildew. Depending on the structure and climate,
you may also have a chunk of ice when snow melts and freezes.

that is generally the way most women go into projects.... in general
with no foresight.

so generally speaking, just tell her, she can do whatever she wants...

because ain't no man going to do something she can generally do herself
she's generally too busy male bashing,

..=2E.................../=B4=AF/)
..=2E........../=B4=AF/'...'/=B4=AF=AF`=B7=B8
don't care for your wordy books and generally crummy movies either