Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Front porch re-do

On Sep 21, 7:00*pm, a wrote:
Just redoing the front porch - ~5'x6'wide. *It's only ~3' high and there
are cement steps. *It's rotted all to hell, but my only question is what's
the common wisdom on attaching a ledger to the foundation (really hard -
poured in 1954). *The 2x6 that's there is only nailed - and those nails are
*badly* rusted - some right through.

I bought some 6" galv. lag bolts (3/8) and planned on using lag shields. *I
have since done some looking and people seem to be weary of them.

?

http://www.confast.com/products/double-anchor.aspx

Front porch decking solved. I think Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 2 March 30th 08 05:34 PM
Refinish Front Porch [email protected] Home Repair 8 March 21st 08 09:15 PM
enclosed front porch Chris Home Repair 4 February 25th 07 05:05 PM
Front porch flooring yaofeng Home Repair 5 October 2nd 06 03:47 AM
Carpeted Front Porch? Suzie-Q Home Repair 9 January 4th 05 12:12 AM