Posted to alt.home.repair
dan dan is offline

Default Burst Water Pipe in Neighbor's Condo...

On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice
appreciated. TIA, Dan
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan" wrote in message
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice
appreciated. TIA, Dan

Condo association? That should be there problem and they should investigate
for damage. The drywall on his side should be removed if wet, dry the wall
interior, then replace. What is between the two walls? It may be block or
some other fireproof material that may have been a barrier. Meantime, keep
an eye out for water marks along the baseboard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 10:29*pm, Dan wrote:
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. *He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. *I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. *Any advice
appreciated. *TIA, Dan

See, that's why buying condo wasn't on my list
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

wrote in message
On Jan 30, 10:29 pm, Dan wrote:
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice
appreciated. TIA, Dan

See, that's why buying condo wasn't on my list

That sure is advice that helps out the OP.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 10:29�pm, Dan wrote:
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. �He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. �I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. �Any advice
appreciated. �TIA, Dan

why didnt you call water company or condo association?

if my neighbors home showed signs of a water leak and no one was home
i would call the authorties
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:44:53 -0700, Tony Hwang

On Jan 30, 10:29 pm, Dan wrote:
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water
pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it
flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see
no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if
mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice
appreciated. TIA, Dan

See, that's why buying condo wasn't on my list

Hmm,
You're still renting?

Or living in a "tinFoil castle" - AKA doublewide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan needs to take a more active role in things, that's the
advice? It's very true. If, a bit too late.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus