Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Funny story about my auger rental

I rented a one man auger (gas powered) from HD last weekend to do a
section of fence. The first hole I went to dig, the auger hit a root/
rock and got stuck... the clutch on it didn't slip, and the handle/
motor jumped out of my hands... the throttle stuck on it, and the top
just spun. I couldn't do anything, I let it sit for an hour until the
gas ran out. it just kept spinning the whole time... i tried throwing
my hand in there to hit the kill switch, but it was to small. I even
tried removing the cotter pin tying the motor to the auger, but it
didn't help. I had a hard time getting HD to not charge me, but when I
showed them how the throttle stuck... they caved. f*cking assholes
they were...
Posted to alt.home.repair

RedDwarf wrote:

I rented a one man auger (gas powered) from HD last weekend to do a
section of fence. The first hole I went to dig, the auger hit a root/
rock and got stuck... the clutch on it didn't slip, and the handle/
motor jumped out of my hands... the throttle stuck on it, and the top
just spun. I couldn't do anything, I let it sit for an hour until the
gas ran out. it just kept spinning the whole time... i tried throwing
my hand in there to hit the kill switch, but it was to small. I even
tried removing the cotter pin tying the motor to the auger, but it
didn't help. I had a hard time getting HD to not charge me, but when I
showed them how the throttle stuck... they caved. f*cking assholes
they were...

I think I might have showed up at the manager's office with the thing
and my arm in a sling. Explain the problem and ask what he might
be willing to do to avoid paying my Dr. bills. A sticky throttle
on one of those sounds like a recipe for a real bad day.

Jim
[never used one- is that all there is for a 'dead man'? Seems like
they'd have throttle on one side and something to make sure you had
your other hand firmly in place, too]

A funny story Alun Woodturning 20 December 18th 05 05:18 PM
A funny student story about glue John Moorhead Woodworking 129 May 7th 05 01:00 PM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
Funny story about house [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 19th 04 11:02 PM