Posted to alt.home.repair
Reddwarf Reddwarf is offline

Default Funny story about my auger rental

I rented a one man auger (gas powered) from HD last weekend to do a
section of fence. The first hole I went to dig, the auger hit a root/
rock and got stuck... the clutch on it didn't slip, and the handle/
motor jumped out of my hands... the throttle stuck on it, and the top
just spun. I couldn't do anything, I let it sit for an hour until the
gas ran out. it just kept spinning the whole time... i tried throwing
my hand in there to hit the kill switch, but it was to small. I even
tried removing the cotter pin tying the motor to the auger, but it
didn't help. I had a hard time getting HD to not charge me, but when I
showed them how the throttle stuck... they caved. f*cking assholes
they were...