Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet seal replacement - trailer

Hi all!

Mom's trailer drain has unfrozen and she's got the underpinning back up to
block the air flow. At this stage, it seems her frozen drain pipe messed up
the wax seal on her toilet.

Replacing the wax ring is easy for us. I have 2 questions.

1) With a small leak and a wood floor trailer, how long do you estimate we
have before damage? We estimate 3 weeks - 2 months and edge to the 3 week
side. It is a small leak that dries quickly.

2) If we are wrong and the base of the drain has to also come out due to
corroded wood, how hard is it to replace that base? (not the wood which has
to be seen to estimate).

Ok, 3rd question is a major long shot, but does anyone know a handyman or
plummer in Wythville VA? Hehehe cant hurt to ask! Might be one of us who
needs a small job that reads here.