Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drier circuit - electrical question.

/I just replaced a drier circuit. My problem is that the drier is a
European model that requires 240 volt service only and has an regular
drier plug with the common (white) wire cut away. Now my question:
when I measure the voltages at the outlet with a digital volt meter, I
get 120 volts on each leg but between the two hots, I don't get any
reading. How can that be?

The corresponding washer is also 240 but runs on a straight 240 volt
circuit and uses standard 240 volt outlet and lug (horizontal rather
than vertical blades on plug).