Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vacuum Cleaner Repair

We own the following vacuum cleaner:

http://www.hoover.com/Product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false

The agitator brush got clogged, and the unit overheated. After cleaning the
agitator, it powers up and seems work fine until the agitator comes into contact
with the carpet, and then it stalls. There is no change in the pitch of the motor.

Are there two motors in the unit or just one? If it is one, there must be a
problem between the motor, belt, and agitator. The belt does not appear to be
stretched. I'm not sure how to tell how slick it is. The agitator moves freely
when the belt is not connected.

Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
We own the following vacuum cleaner:

http://www.hoover.com/Product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false

The agitator brush got clogged, and the unit overheated. After cleaning
the agitator, it powers up and seems work fine until the agitator comes
into contact with the carpet, and then it stalls. There is no change in
the pitch of the motor.

Are there two motors in the unit or just one? If it is one, there must
be a problem between the motor, belt, and agitator. The belt does not
appear to be stretched. I'm not sure how to tell how slick it is. The
agitator moves freely when the belt is not connected.

Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.

Hi,
Does it have cogged or smooth belt? Regardless it should be replaced.
Over heating made it no good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:21:04 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

We own the following vacuum cleaner:

Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.

I have a Hover store close by. They have parts (in this case a
new belt) and for a price they will even put the new belt on. Check
your phone book, most cities have a shop.