Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Vacuum Cleaner Repair

Make sure the belt is on right--if so, replace the belt
MLD
"mcp6453" wrote in message
We own the following vacuum cleaner:

http://www.hoover.com/Product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false

The agitator brush got clogged, and the unit overheated. After cleaning
the agitator, it powers up and seems work fine until the agitator comes
into contact with the carpet, and then it stalls. There is no change in
the pitch of the motor.

Are there two motors in the unit or just one? If it is one, there must be
a problem between the motor, belt, and agitator. The belt does not appear
to be stretched. I'm not sure how to tell how slick it is. The agitator
moves freely when the belt is not connected.

Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.