Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Vacuum Cleaner Repair

We own the following vacuum cleaner:

http://www.hoover.com/Product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false

The agitator brush got clogged, and the unit overheated. After cleaning the
agitator, it powers up and seems work fine until the agitator comes into contact
with the carpet, and then it stalls. There is no change in the pitch of the motor.

Are there two motors in the unit or just one? If it is one, there must be a
problem between the motor, belt, and agitator. The belt does not appear to be
stretched. I'm not sure how to tell how slick it is. The agitator moves freely
when the belt is not connected.

Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.