UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 09:49 PM
Tim Steele
 
Posts: n/a
Default How to repair an Electrolux vacuum cleaner?

The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

Thanks for any assistance

Tim



  #2   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 10:07 PM
Steve Slatcher
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:49:42 GMT, "Tim Steele"
> wrote:

>I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
>Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.


The Vacuum Cleaner Centre
51, Burleigh St,
Cambridge,
Cambridgeshire CB1 1DJ
Tel: 01223 364499

Courtesy of yell.co.uk
--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
  #3   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 10:20 PM
Tim Steele
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Steve Slatcher wrote:
> The Vacuum Cleaner Centre...


Thank you! I also looked on yell but couldn't find them.

Cheers

Tim


  #4   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 10:33 PM
Bob Minchin
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Tim Steele wrote in message ...
>The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
>out.
>
>Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?
>
>The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
>is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
>The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102
>
>I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
>Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.
>
>Thanks for any assistance
>
>Tim
>
>

None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not seen
a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.

Bob


  #5   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 10:35 PM
BigWallop
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Tim Steele" > wrote in message
...
> The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
> out.
>
> Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?
>
> The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
> is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
> The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102
>
> I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
> Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.
>
> Thanks for any assistance
>
> Tim
>

Do you have a local TV repair shop near you? They might be able to get you
a mains filter CAP of the right rating as well.




  #6   Report Post  
Old June 12th 05, 11:46 PM
Jules
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:07:11 +0100, Steve Slatcher wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:49:42 GMT, "Tim Steele"
> > wrote:
>
>>I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
>>Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

>
> The Vacuum Cleaner Centre
> 51, Burleigh St,
> Cambridge,
> Cambridgeshire CB1 1DJ
> Tel: 01223 364499


The elderly chap who was in there when I dropped by a while ago was most
helpful too, so big thumbs-up from me.

cheers

Jules

  #7   Report Post  
Old June 13th 05, 12:18 AM
Duncan Wood
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:35:56 +0100, BigWallop >
wrote:

>
> "Tim Steele" > wrote in message
> ...
>> The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has
>> burnt
>> out.
>>
>> Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?
>>
>> The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the
>> capacitor
>> is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
>> The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102
>>
>> I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
>> Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.
>>
>> Thanks for any assistance
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Do you have a local TV repair shop near you? They might be able to get
> you
> a mains filter CAP of the right rating as well.
>
>


The Vacuum Cleaner Centre 51 Burleigh St, Cambridge, CB1 1DJ - 01223 364499
or
G.A.N Electrical 13-14, The Broadway, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 3AH
Tel: 01223 248667
should be able to help.
  #8   Report Post  
Old June 13th 05, 08:20 AM
Alan Braggins
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article >, Bob Minchin wrote:
>
>Tim Steele wrote in message ...
>>The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
>>out.
>>
>>Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?
>>
>>The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
>>is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
>>The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102
>>

>None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not seen
>a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
>I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
>disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.


And if it runs ok but causes TV or radio interference, that's why it
is supposed to have a filter, and consider how close your neighbours
are before keeping running it like that.
  #9   Report Post  
Old June 13th 05, 08:40 PM
Bob Minchin
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Alan Braggins wrote in message ...
>In article >, Bob Minchin wrote:
>>
>>Tim Steele wrote in message ...
>>>The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has

burnt
>>>out.
>>>
>>>Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?
>>>
>>>The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the

capacitor
>>>is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
>>>The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102
>>>

>>None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not

seen
>>a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
>>I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
>>disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.

>
>And if it runs ok but causes TV or radio interference, that's why it
>is supposed to have a filter, and consider how close your neighbours
>are before keeping running it like that.


Alan, I only suggested this as a test before buying a new part - not
suggesting that the op should run long term without a supressor
My thinking was that if the suppressor had failed but the motor continue to
work, why would the OP have thought something had gone wrong in the first
place. Therefore maybe the motor had stopped working for some other reason
and it would be worth checking that first.

just my 2p

Bob


  #10   Report Post  
Old June 14th 05, 12:51 PM
Mark
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yo people...

If the suppressor fails, then this can lead to early failure of the motor!

The suppressor not only suppresses the interference produced but also
suppresses
the violent spark across the motor armature.





Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GE refrigerator warranty repair misery [email protected] Home Ownership 6 March 13th 05 04:29 AM
smelly vacuum cleaner bigtom Electronics Repair 3 February 28th 05 01:09 AM
Frugal vacuum cleaner? [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 26th 05 05:43 PM
Dyson upright vacuum cleaner problem [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 26th 05 12:11 PM
Electrolux Model E Canister Vacuum MarkyT Electronics Repair 2 February 5th 05 08:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017