Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need my supply line fixed

When I got home today, I had a message. Apparently, my water
supply line has broken and was flooding the neighbor's yard.
They called the water company and had it shut down at the meter.

I have a call into a plumber, and I guess tomorrow morning I'll
find out how much the advantages of indoor plumbing will cost me.
--

Real men don't text.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 10:10*pm, Steve Daniels wrote:
When I got home today, I had a message. *Apparently, my water
supply line has broken and was flooding the neighbor's yard.
They called the water company and had it shut down at the meter.

I have a call into a plumber, and I guess tomorrow morning I'll
find out how much the advantages of indoor plumbing will cost me.
--

Real men don't text.

Above freezing there you can backfeed your house with a garden hose
from house to house via the hose bibb.
Buy some time to comparison shop or dig it yourself.
Pick up some of the neighbors water bill, win win
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 12:09*pm, beecrofter wrote:

Above freezing there you can backfeed your house with a garden hose
from house to house via the hose bibb.
Buy some time to comparison shop or dig it yourself.
Pick up some of the neighbors water bill, win win

Is that gonna work if there's a backflow preventer on the hose bib?
Around here (Phoenix), I'm pretty sure it's code, anything built in
the last 25 years or so has a backflow preventer on every hose bib.

Although, people have been known to remove them when they start
dripping.

Jerry