Robert11

Default "Grass Gator n'Cut Fixed 4 Line Head" Weed Wacker Replacement For Bump-Line Feed Head ?

Hello:

Anyone ever use the "Grass Gator Load n' Cut fixed 4 line head" that
replaces
the normal weed wacker bump-line feed head ?

It uses 4 discrete pre-cut lengths of line, rather than the spool.

Any good ?

Thanks,
Bob

JKevorkian

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 12:48:35 -0400, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Anyone ever use the "Grass Gator Load n' Cut fixed 4 line head" that
replaces
the normal weed wacker bump-line feed head ?

It uses 4 discrete pre-cut lengths of line, rather than the spool.

Any good ?

Thanks,
Bob

Geeze, what a waste of money that was! I think you need a 200HP engine to drive
that beast. My Poulan Weed-Eater couldn't rev up to full speed with it
attached.
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Anyone ever use the "Grass Gator Load n' Cut fixed 4 line head" that
replaces
the normal weed wacker bump-line feed head ?

I have it. Anything is better than the crappy spool, but it's still
not great. The lines only last for about 10-15 minutes of cutting,
then they disintegrate. Also, in order to replace them, you have to
dig all the grass out of the unit so you can access the holes.

I also tried the head that has the 4 serrated plastic "tines."
Garbage. Any resistance at all and the motor shuts down.

I'm still looking for the holy grail of weedeater attachments.
wayne

if you have a powerful enough one they do make steel blades

they are usually called brush blades. The trimmers that can handle
those blades can also usually use circular saw blades. Whenever you are
using a steel blade of any kind it is very important to use use proper
safety equipment. The blade that can cut a 2" tree can also cut a toe
off just as quick!

I used to have one that had 2 metal flails on the end of a small length
of bike chain it worked great but I Believe they were recalled due to
safety concerns

http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore...ers/gas-trimme
r-672650.aspx

Here is the Honda model looks really nice

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/M...ame=HHT31SUNBA

head here

http://m-and-d.com/ST-385-744.html

Wayne

Anyone ever use the "Grass Gator Load n' Cut fixed 4 line head"
that replaces
the normal weed wacker bump-line feed head ?

I have it. Anything is better than the crappy spool, but it's still
not great. The lines only last for about 10-15 minutes of cutting,
then they disintegrate. Also, in order to replace them, you have to
dig all the grass out of the unit so you can access the holes.

I also tried the head that has the 4 serrated plastic "tines."
Garbage. Any resistance at all and the motor shuts down.

I'm still looking for the holy grail of weedeater attachments.

OT - Seeking Recommendations for a Decent Weed Wacker (Metal Content) Lane Metalworking 26 December 2nd 05 06:27 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM
Stationary planers - fixed head or fixed table? Steve Turner Woodworking 5 July 12th 03 02:15 AM