wayne

if you have a powerful enough one they do make steel blades

they are usually called brush blades. The trimmers that can handle
those blades can also usually use circular saw blades. Whenever you are
using a steel blade of any kind it is very important to use use proper
safety equipment. The blade that can cut a 2" tree can also cut a toe
off just as quick!

I used to have one that had 2 metal flails on the end of a small length
of bike chain it worked great but I Believe they were recalled due to
safety concerns

http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore...ers/gas-trimme
r-672650.aspx

Here is the Honda model looks really nice

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/M...ame=HHT31SUNBA

head here

http://m-and-d.com/ST-385-744.html

Wayne

Anyone ever use the "Grass Gator Load n' Cut fixed 4 line head"
that replaces
the normal weed wacker bump-line feed head ?

I have it. Anything is better than the crappy spool, but it's still
not great. The lines only last for about 10-15 minutes of cutting,
then they disintegrate. Also, in order to replace them, you have to
dig all the grass out of the unit so you can access the holes.

I also tried the head that has the 4 serrated plastic "tines."
Garbage. Any resistance at all and the motor shuts down.

I'm still looking for the holy grail of weedeater attachments.