Sam

Default horribly inefficient fixed line phone

hello all,

My caller ID phone LCD blanks out when the phone recieves a call,i.e.
right when I need it most to determine if i want to take the call or
not.Off hook the LCD text is sharp.

through pulling out the phone jack i determined that the LCD & LED
are powered from the 4 AAA batteries whilst the ringer & speaker is
powered by the phone line.

elsewhere on this group I read that on hook the phone can only take
limited power from the line to operate itself, whilst off hook it can
take a lot more power.

any ideas what i can do ?turning off the ringer made no difference. i
tried putting a switch in line with the batteries so i can enable them
only when I go to read the caller ID number but the phone' s "brain"
needs to have been booted with the help of the batteries prior to the
initiation of the call.

any suggestions appreciated (even if to implement them i need to spend
more than the phone is worth).

Sam
Ryan Wheeler

Sam wrote:

[...]

get a seperate, selfcontained caller ID. you will need
a dual phone jack or something to plug in your phone
and call ID.
James Sweet

"Sam" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I would check connections outside, it's possible the box outside has gotten
water in it and corroded.