Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Plane Crash because of Birds

Off Topic, but hardware related.

It's been all over the news about the plane that crashed into a river
in (I think) New York. They said it was caused by birds flying into
the engine. Then they showed a report of the number of bird caused
plane accidents and deaths each year. From 1990 to 2007 there were
almost 80,000 accidents caused by birds. There have been numerous
deaths and millions of dollars of damages.

OK, looking at the engines they showed on tv, I immediately thought
***Why dont they put some sort of screening over the engine***
It would only seem like a couple hundred dollars worth of hardware
cloth would solve the problem. Why dont they think of simple
solutions like this?

Jim

Catfish crash -ED Woodworking 0 June 26th 06 10:16 PM
C-5 crash...Fixable? Tom Gardner Metalworking 43 April 6th 06 10:49 PM
OT - Greek 737 plane crash Jim Stewart Metalworking 76 August 24th 05 03:02 PM
HVLP crash course SteveB Metalworking 3 May 31st 05 11:52 PM