Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T1-11 generator enclosure project

On Jan 13, 10:52*am, "1D10T" wrote:
Recently finished, attached to my workshop. Comments, questions?
TIA

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975824/

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975606/

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3194649860/

How do handle the CO emissions?

TMT
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 10:52 am, "1D10T" wrote:
Recently finished, attached to my workshop. Comments, questions?
TIA

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975824/

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3122975606/

http://flickr.com/photos/joearnold/3194649860/

How do handle the CO emissions?

It exhausts to the outdoors of course and there's not much else I can do
about CO.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I built an enclosure around my generator too. It is on a corner of my
deck and is made from 3/4" MDF plywood. Two sides open on hinges and
the top is also on hinges and can open all the way. The exhaust was
extended to go through one of the fixed sides. It has been there since
1998 and gets run under a load for fifteen minutes around the first of
every month. The wiring is led into the house through PVC pipe. It
will run on propane if I run out of gasoline (propane is piped using 1"
black iron pipe). We lost power for 3 1/2 days two years ago. I didn't
try to keep the refrigerator going because the cost of gas would have
been a lot more than the frozen food that I lost.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')