Posted to alt.home.repair

Default resurfacing pool

Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a
pool?
I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint.
Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have to sand blast
off the coating?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a
pool?
I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint.
Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have to sand blast
off the coating?

I'm no expert but I *would not* plaster over paint. To actually resurface
the pool you'd have to take the old plaster finish off and re-plaster with a
finish coat. It's a very expensive labor intensive process. That's why so
many people go for painting concrete pools instead.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a
pool?

Why do you want to re-surface it? If the pool comes to the surface it won't
hold water and you can't swim. Leave it sunk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 9:03*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Deodiaus" wrote in message

Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a
pool?

Why do you want to re-surface it? *If the pool comes to the surface it won't
hold water and you can't swim. *Leave it sunk.

Yea they dont look good on the surface and leak more, and think about
your insurance and drunks falling off it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Deodiaus wrote:

Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a
pool?
I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint.
Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have to sand blast
off the coating?

Is the old plaster cracking? What's the reason for re plastering? Every
pool I've seen redone includes chipping out the old plaster and
re-plastering. Most use those small electric chipping hammers. This is a
nasty job and usually takes some time to complete.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"