Posted to alt.home.repair

Default top loader or front loader for second wood floor

Recently I read some reviews regarding vibration from front loader in
second wood floor.
It seems that putting it in second wood floor could enhances shaking
and vibration.
I have a front loader in second floor and now oil is leaking inside
tub. I used it for 7 years. Last two years, I have been using the
front loader in second wood floor. I am not sure if it is a cause of
this faiture.

Now i am trying to buy new washing machine. I would like to be careful
about a type of washing machine.
front loader vs top loader.

I will appreciate if you can share your thought and experience with
me.
happy holidays !!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 21, 7:56*am, laser wrote:
Recently I read some reviews regarding vibration from front loader in
second wood floor.
It seems that putting it in second wood floor could enhances shaking
and vibration.
I have a front loader in second floor and now oil is leaking inside
tub. I used it for 7 years. Last two years, I have been using the
front loader in second wood floor. I am not sure if it is a cause of
this faiture.

Now i am trying to buy new washing machine. I would like to be careful
about a type of washing machine.
front loader vs top loader.

I will appreciate if you can share your thought and experience with
me.
happy holidays !!!

After you moved the machine to the second floor was overall vibration
more noticeable / bothersome?

I would doubt that the vibration would harm the machine or reduce its
life. The vibration issues I have heard about have all been occupant
complaints about nuance vibrations.

The key issues are drum rpm, anti vibration control systems in the
machine & the location of the machine with respect to adequate second
floor framing stiffness. The stiffer the floor, the less noticeable
the vibration will be.

I'm just getting a front loader but the installation will be on the
first floor (raised foundation construction).

I have noticed that all the sales guys have warned about possible
vibration issues with second floor installations (CYA behavior I'm
thinking)

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 07:56:41 -0800 (PST), laser
wrote:

Recently I read some reviews regarding vibration from front loader in
second wood floor.
It seems that putting it in second wood floor could enhances shaking
and vibration.
I have a front loader in second floor and now oil is leaking inside
tub. I used it for 7 years. Last two years, I have been using the
front loader in second wood floor. I am not sure if it is a cause of
this faiture.

Now i am trying to buy new washing machine. I would like to be careful
about a type of washing machine.
front loader vs top loader.

I will appreciate if you can share your thought and experience with
me.
happy holidays !!!

I've used top loaders all my life, no leaks. Any washer will vibrate
if it contains an off-balanced load. For the least vibration, set the
washer on a concrete slab, or at least a reinforced floor. The higher
up, the more likely there will be a resonance. I put a 4x4 timber
behind my washer and that stopped an annoying vibration. You may need
to experiment, but don't expect to eliminate all vibration--it's the
nature of the beast.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 21, 11:47*am, BobK207 wrote:
On Dec 21, 7:56*am, laser wrote:

[...]

Bob- Hide quoted text -

Agree with what Bob says above. I don't see an issue of whether a
washer is located on the first floor or second floor of a house with
frame construction in regard to longevity. Either way, it's being
supported by joists and the vibration should be about the same. One
issue Bob identified is how well the framing structure can carry the
load/vibration, meaning if the washer is located closer to the ends of
the joist span it will be better than if it;s located mid-span. And
the other issue is what's underneath that may be disturbed by any
noise that's transmitted.

Samsung has washers that they claim has some special vibration
reducing technology. Don't know how well they work. Can tell you
that I helped install high end LG washer and dryer. They went on a
first floor supported by joists, near the joist ends, floor surface is
hardwood. Standing outside the laundry room, you can hardly tell
it's running.
Posted to alt.home.repair

laser wrote:
Recently I read some reviews regarding vibration from front loader in
second wood floor.
It seems that putting it in second wood floor could enhances shaking
and vibration.
I have a front loader in second floor and now oil is leaking inside
tub. I used it for 7 years. Last two years, I have been using the
front loader in second wood floor. I am not sure if it is a cause of
this faiture.

Now i am trying to buy new washing machine. I would like to be careful
about a type of washing machine.
front loader vs top loader.

I will appreciate if you can share your thought and experience with
me.
happy holidays !!!

Always use the "delicate" cycle.