Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

Default GE Front Loader Washer & Pedestal -- Use Support Pads?

I just had a new GE front load washer/dryer installed with the optional
pedestals. The installer used the four support pads between the pedestal and
the appliance (both washer and dryer). After reviewing the instructions and
talking with GE, it appears that the four support pads are to only be used
when fastened to the dryer. The installers were not aware of this and said
they use the support pads on both otherwise there would be vibration. They
are trying to find out what is right, but I wondered if anyone here has
experience with it:

The procedure in question is on page two of the pedestal installation:
http://products.geappliances.com/App...CH0004&TABID=4

I would initially agree with the installer that the pads would help, but
perhaps there is a more imperative reason they not be used.

Thanks for your time...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

"Ben" wrote in message
. ..
I just had a new GE front load washer/dryer installed with the optional
pedestals. The installer used the four support pads between the pedestal
and the appliance (both washer and dryer). After reviewing the instructions
and talking with GE, it appears that the four support pads are to only be
used when fastened to the dryer. The installers were not aware of this and
said they use the support pads on both otherwise there would be vibration.
They are trying to find out what is right, but I wondered if anyone here
has experience with it:

The procedure in question is on page two of the pedestal installation:
http://products.geappliances.com/App...CH0004&TABID=4

I would initially agree with the installer that the pads would help, but
perhaps there is a more imperative reason they not be used.

I contacted GE and they could not give me an answer as to why, but said to
follow the instructions that state to not install the pads with the washser.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

with all the water weight and spinning going on, i would follow the
manufacturer's instructions.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

with all the water weight and spinning going on, i would follow the
I know that with all the spinning going on it would seem like those rubber
pads would help, but perhaps with the weight they want the unit completely
on the pedestal.

If noone else comes back with a respone, I will respond later tomorrow once
I talk to a service tech about it.

Thanks for responding.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Are the heights of the 2 appliances exactly the same?

By the way, pedestals are nice until the appliance breaks.

"Ben" wrote in message
. ..
I just had a new GE front load washer/dryer installed with the optional
pedestals. The installer used the four support pads between the pedestal
and the appliance (both washer and dryer). After reviewing the instructions
and talking with GE, it appears that the four support pads are to only be
used when fastened to the dryer. The installers were not aware of this and
said they use the support pads on both otherwise there would be vibration.
They are trying to find out what is right, but I wondered if anyone here
has experience with it:

The procedure in question is on page two of the pedestal installation:
http://products.geappliances.com/App...CH0004&TABID=4

I would initially agree with the installer that the pads would help, but
perhaps there is a more imperative reason they not be used.

Thanks for your time...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

The washer as it is now with the pedestal and pads is slightly higher...less
than 1/4 inch higher though.
"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
Are the heights of the 2 appliances exactly the same?

By the way, pedestals are nice until the appliance breaks.

. ..